Helmet
  • Danacus

Helmet

by Danacus » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:37 pm

I'm picking up a new 2018 250L on Saturday. I plan on riding it off-road as much as possible but will necessarily need to also drive it on road a fair bit. What would be a good helmet? Bonus points if it matches the bike color scheme, lol. I'm new to motorcycles, so I don't know anything about helmets. Thanks in advance.
    JimDirt

Re: Helmet

by JimDirt » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:30 pm

I guess the main question is "What is your budget ??" , As long as the helmet is DOT/SNELL approved , the choice is yours , you can go from $50.00 to $500+ on a helmet , personally , I wear around $150.00 helmets and have been fine , and any time you wreck and hit your head , you need to buy a new one anyway , as the helmet can be compromised and you won't know it till it fails on the next crash .... So keep that in mind , but basically there is no "buy this helmet because" answer , they all have good and bad points

What I would suggest is to get a combo helmet (kind of like a Adventure bike helmet) , they have a full face shield/visor , but it can still be used with goggles , or just open and wear sunglasses or whatever ....... like this one I linked below ..... , it is inexpensive and will serve both street and off road with no issues , and I think you would be plenty happy with it , and you can get it in most colors and color combo's

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fly ... wAodclkNFw

Also if you look at that link , there is a video describing various dual sport helmets and their good and bad points ...... so that might help you decide , or at least guide you better to get something that will specifically meet your needs .... ;)
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho