Backfire? Or blown engine? please any info
  • Tbotto

Backfire? Or blown engine? please any info

by Tbotto » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:33 am

Hello,\
    I hope this is the right place to post this sort of topic as i am fairly new to crf ownership and brand new to this website so my apologies ahead of time. :D

I was trying to start my 2015 crf250L today. ITs been stored over winter and not warmed shed, covered and lifted off the ground

The engine was struggling to start so i gave it a little squeeze on the throttle to try and get it going and suddenly and LOUD Thud/Crack/boom (just one) happened from the engine and i stopped right away. I then was able to smell something weird like as if something was burnt or recently exploded.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if this was a backfire or if it might be something more serious like a blown engine or what not.

I'm new to owning toys like this so any help would be greatly appreciated for piece of mind.
    Thanks so much ahead of time.
  • Tbotto

Re: Backfire? Or blown engine? please any info

by Tbotto » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:19 pm

Whelp turns out i'm ultra paranoid.
    I went back to see if it still turned over as i was talking to someone from honda, and the bike started up. I let it run for about 15 mins. SEems to be no leaks or anything so i'm assuming i flooded the piston with fuel and it ignited causing an explosion.

I don't know if there is any permanent damage as i cannot get out of my backyard yet, but its good to know that the bike is still running. \:D/
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:40 pm

It will be just fine. Not an uncommon occurrence.
    Good luck and have fun with the bike. =DD
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
  • Tbotto

by Tbotto » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:33 am

It will be just fine. Not an uncommon occurrence.
    Good luck and have fun with the bike. =DD
    THank you very much for the reply. Hearing this gives me peace of mind knowing that it is common. I scared the heck out of me tho. lol