Stalling issue 2015 CRF250L
  • jonesn

Stalling issue 2015 CRF250L

by jonesn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Got the bike used a couple days ago with only 2100 miles on it. Yesterday I took it for its first ride (70 miles) and it stalled out 4 or 5 times. Every stall occurred while stopping or slowing below 20 mph. I have been researching this issue and it seems to be frequent somewhat with this model. I called Honda Corp USA and there is no recall on the bike. Any easy fixes on this problem? It has a FMF Power Bomb pipe and Power Core muffler, K&N filter and some kind of Electronic jet programmer on it. Run GREAT other than the stalling at a stop or slowing. Any thought would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks in advance for any input!
  • jimmyschwartz

Re: Stalling issue 2015 CRF250L

by jimmyschwartz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:46 am

How ironic. I was searching the boards for an answer as well. This just occurred to my low mileage 2013 model as well. I was riding some really rocky difficult single track and about halfway through it began to stall on me as well. Once I got to smoother ground and started getting air flow over the engine, it worked completely normal. It was acting as if it was flooded because the black tubes below the bike were leaking fuel. I need to research what those tubes are for. I wonder if there is any connection with the FMF pipe because I recently put on the Q4 but, I doubt it.
  • Jcrodz

Re: Stalling issue 2015 CRF250L

by Jcrodz » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:29 pm

How ironic. I was searching the boards for an answer as well. This just occurred to my low mileage 2013 model as well. I was riding some really rocky difficult single track and about halfway through it began to stall on me as well. Once I got to smoother ground and started getting air flow over the engine, it worked completely normal. It was acting as if it was flooded because the black tubes below the bike were leaking fuel. I need to research what those tubes are for. I wonder if there is any connection with the FMF pipe because I recently put on the Q4 but, I doubt it.
    If you have an ejk, set the green/blue to come on sooner. The bike is lacking some fuel.