250X 08 Wont start when off choke and hotstart
  • Major1997

250X 08 Wont start when off choke and hotstart

by Major1997 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:06 pm

Ive been riding my 250x around for a while and it was running great. one day after a ride, i left it to sit for 2 weeks and it wouldn't start.

it turns out the problem then was valve clearances so i got my shims replaced and the bike started to run great again until the last time i rode it and bought it home and let it sit.

it didn't want to start so put the choke on and pulled in the hotstart,and it took about five seconds of it trying to kick over before it actually started and now if i leave it for a day then come back i will have to do the same process again and again what could the problem be?
    JimDirt

Re: 250X 08 Wont start when off choke and hotstart

by JimDirt » Tue May 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

It could be 1 of several issues , it could be that the pilot jet is clogged , and/or the gas os old , these bikes don't like old gas

The other possibility is that the valves have moved again , as once they start to move , its only a matter of time before they are done , sometimes its only a few rides and they are zeroed out again .....so i would check the pilot make sure its clear , and recheck your valves , if the gap is tighter (any tighter than 0.0004) and the bike will be very difficult to start

I am guessing its the valves again .... 8-[
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho