Made in USA
  • dobent4@yahoo.com

Made in USA

by dobent4@yahoo.com » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:22 pm

It's so very frustrating we arent competitive in smaller ticket items, notice I didn't write "can't be" competitive, it's "aren't".
    We do so many thing right. Heck, aftermarket motorcycle stuff just for an example, there are many, many of them and blaming China (used to be Japan ) doesn't cut it.
    Airplanes. Aerospace. We can do SO much right. Illegal immigration, Union thimble brains,lousy parents raising clueless children ad nauseum have all worked together to put us where we are.
    Get this for an example of what we can do.I needed packing tape. 3M (now there's a company !) has this packing tape that says "no scissors,knife or any cutting edge required." Heck it even says "Made in the USA".
    BUY IT. Looking at it theres nothing obvious I could see, no lines to easily tear, nothing. You can pull this stuff tight laterally, as long or short as a piece as you want till you're blue in the face and it holds.
    Then you take 2 thumbs and 2 index fingers and gently tear down , and I mean gently is all required, and it just tears straight and true as you could imagine.WOW.
    Easily amused ? Sure. :lol: Also when I need something and 3M makes it it goes in my basket. :lol: Doug
    Last edited by dobent4@yahoo.com on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    450xdirt

by 450xdirt » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:53 pm

I hear you Doug! I try to buy "Made in USA" only, but it is hard sometimes and not always possible.

As far a 3M goes I love there products too. Have you used 3M electrical tape? It's awesome!! It stretches real nice and sticks perfectly. Night and day compared to the no name China brand. I put some on a pipe to hold some insulation on. The pipe fills our horses water trough and is exposed to all of the elements Wyoming can hand out. The tape has been on for two years and is still not pealing or falling off.

Anyway I've met and somewhat know the owners of 3M and they are great people. You would never know they are richer than God, so down to earth, cool folks.

-Kristian