lowering the rear n lenghting the trail of bike?
  • abmjl

lowering the rear n lenghting the trail of bike?

by abmjl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:45 pm

wots the general rule of thumb with motards, i hear conflicting storys. i have a front fork chatering problem on high speed tight corners with courses me to slow down so it wont happen. compresion is on hard, rebound is bout 3/4 hard n rear is standard hight with spring cranked up abit. some say drop the rear down n lenght the trail bring it back closer to wot it is with dirt rims on, which will also make it less twichy in the front, less force on forks.
    then sum say left it up abit which makes it more twichy, steepy fork angle, corner tighter, less weight on rear, more weight on forts making them work harder n shorter trail. my common sence talls me to lower it.
    i will be looking at altering the fork shim stacks to a single taper stack as well.
    wot are your thoughts?
    paul turner

by paul turner » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:22 pm

uhhhh :?
    If you ain't crashin', you ain't ridin' :-)
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:05 am

paul turner wrote:uhhhh :?

Rick Sieman said the same thing. :?
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • abmjl

by abmjl » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:56 am

hey man dont know bout your thinking cuz the reverse apples, if your crashing you are'nt riding n you sure is hell are'nt winning.
    push it to the limit but stay on the bike, in control n win that race i say.
    will get a pic of my bikes on here soon. having bit trouble uploading them for some reason.
  • abmjl

by abmjl » Mon May 03, 2010 12:01 am

well im going to answer my own question, ive raced the bike several times with a longer link fitted to rear suspension to lower the bike, played around with other setting on bike to get it to corner properly but it never seemed to be rite . i put the std one back in the other day with lifted it 30mm n bingo, it felt heaps better in the corners.
    so the verdict is keep the rear up, the fork rake steep n trail short n the wheel base as short as you can get it.