What was your worst crash and what did you break.
    tcupell

by tcupell » Fri May 21, 2010 8:00 am

Worst wreck:
    It was day one of a 5 day camping trip in mexico. El Gulfo de Santa Clara to be exact. 80 miles of wide open beach to ride and camp on.
    Ok, back to day one.... a group of about six of us were thundering down the beach, I was on an 1986.5 CR250.
    Fifth gear pinned, (about 80 mph with my gearing) when my rear wheel started tic tacing back and forth. Nothing I did worked and it kept getting worse and worse. (maybe all of about 2 seconds). Finally the front wheel stuck and sent me flying head first.
    The guys behind me saw a hug cloud of sand and my riding boot above the cloud.
    Finally my body came to a stop, about 20 feet from my where my bike stopped. I woke up a couple minutes later, of course asking about my bike.
    Well I spent the rest of the trip liquored up and flat on my back in the tent.
    Several Xrays and MRI's later they told me I had two herniated disks and one ruptured disk. Not to mention a bunch of alignment issues (in my back). I still feel it more that 10 years later.
    But the good news was....my bike was fine. Just needed to straighten the subframe a little bit, replace some sheared bolts, replace some creased plastic. LOL
    Ahhh good memories.
    T. Cupell
    01' XR400 (the caddy)
    03' XR50 (the boy's)
    08' TRX500FA (the wifey's)
    08' CRF450X (mine)

"Give er' hell and hope for the best"
  • josh3912

by josh3912 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:57 am

my worst crash was up at echuca and i came off over a 75 ft table top, over the bars and woke up in hospital with a really bad concution, 2 main bones broken in my foot and my bars fully bent on my crf150r :D
  • mappsterr

Stuck Throttle

by mappsterr » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:00 pm

The other morning I was the first one one the track. I was taking it easy when I jumped my first jump of the day. as I went over it the throttle got stuck and i fell flat on my back. My handlebars got bent as well as my subframe and an tripmeater, brake leaver, and alot of scratches. Oh ya the crf250x was new and it was right after I took it to the dealer to get the carborater rejetted and i got a new FMF slip-on. My injery was a slit open arm that I has to get 18 stitches on.
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:05 pm

4th gear pinned, high sided, shattered tailbone. i do not recommend this injury. ;-)
    Last edited by crfsonly on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com

by hondaman 100 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:09 am

i was in the local state forestry sunny coast 1 and went up a huge sort of vert ramp got to the top and hit power band did a backflip but laned side ways didnt break anything but went to pick the bike up and fell down the vert thing beside me broke my wrist then pretty funny my mates laughed until they worked out i was crying like a baby :cry:
    hehe
    crf pro

by crf pro » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:24 pm

i was 9 when i still had my little trx 90 (now have crf250x) anyways i went off a tank trap at about 35 mph, nosed dived, hit my nuts on the gas tank, broke my chest protecter, screwed my new bumper up, and screwed the nose peice up on the plastic. :roll:
    hondaman 100

by hondaman 100 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:58 pm

owwwwwwwwwwwwwww :lol:
    Mirageags

by Mirageags » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:05 pm

there is alot of ouch in this thread!
    ive had alot of crashes in 19 years of riding but the worst was when i wrecked my brothers 1982 DR125. I was 17 and my bikes were all broken so i took it out for a ride at camp down a paved back road. it was damp that day from rain and i forgot about a nasty sharp right curve. i was doing almost top speed and saw it too late and locked up the rear brakes, spinning it out in the rear and flinging me from the bike. what i also never saw coming was the brand new dodge ram coming around the corner right at me either, all isaw was sparks and the sky rolling around. the truck just barely clipped me on that shiny new grille, but the bike went right under it and was crushed. i had hit the road-style helmet so hard on the ground on impact it tore the brand new facesheild right off it and i never did find it. i was flung into a ditch on the side of the road. amazingly i walked away from it with only bad road rash and bruises, and all i had on were jeans and a windbreaker. the truck had $1300 of undercarriage damage and the bike was destroyed. as well as the police gave me 4 tickets and had to get a laywer, resulting in me getting my first real job! none of that was as bad as my brother anguish or my fathers wrath either! and sometimes i still see the horrified look on that ladies face in dreams. :? someone was really looking out for me that day.

the worst crash to my body was more recent. in october i had my first broken bone, flew off on some back quad trail going fast and a rock caught me inbetween the cheast protector, breaking my rib.
    2007 Honda CRF250X
    1983 KTM 250 MXC
    2008 Honda TRX250EX (wife's)
    2004 suzuki jr50 (son)
    hondaman 100

by hondaman 100 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:49 am

wholy shiz u r so lucky u didnt get run over
    :shock:
  • 2hondas4337

by 2hondas4337 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:17 am

Cased a double jump three weeks ago, which turned my back into a shock. The result is a compression fracture in my lower lumbar (L3). Twisted my left ankle as well, but my boots (Thor Quadrant) save the ankle from getting it worse. Didn't crash, so at least the bike (07 CRF250X) is no worse for wear. Out for at least two months though. Don't come up short on jumps! I'm 41 anyway, so looking to do hare scrambles. Can't afford big injuries.
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 am

2hondas4337...welcome to CRF's Only! sorry to hear of your injury. that's very scary when back bones are breaking. glad to hear you'll fully recover. again, welcome!

ken
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com

Long story

by Rossco450 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:34 am

Broke my neck when i was 10 years old on my yz80f. 5th gear band into a wire fence. I was thrown and landed on my head badly. It was like 1980 and either X-rays or doctors were poor quality and they did not pick up the break. They said i had brused my spine and kept me in a brace for 4 months.

18 years later im riding my Registered TT250 on the road. I turn my neck right to look for traffic and Bang it sticks there, i cant even look back to see where i am going and its painful. I am trying to ride sideways and control it but i hit the gutter and came off. When i get some proper x-rays done it turns out my c1 c2 is completely broken and holding together with mainly scar tissue etc. :(

It was so urgent they had me in within 3 weeks for a c1 c2 fusion and that is on the public system/Medicare. It would be hard to get in that fast if you were paying. Anyhow, They fused it with wires and a bone graft from my hip. Took me 6-9 months to recover but as soon as i did i bought me an xr600. Bush only from now on but i rode it hard came off a few times, jarred my neck etc but figured it reasonably stable now..

Started getting a big sore lump on the back of my neck were the fusion is . When it was there my neck was very sore and i was tasting spinal fluid as it was dripping into my syness. After 1000 test an MRI finally shows that the wires are broken and so is the bone graft :x FFS!

Again the say its very unstable and they need me in with 1 month to sort it out :roll:

Now i have two titanium plates, 4 screws and another graft from my hip to fuse my c1 c2. Was done 2 years ago now and feels more solid than ever. Just bought myself a CRF450R to make me feel better :lol: :lol:
  • staffy24

by staffy24 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:01 am

fell of a cliff well rode over it broke my back my ribs puntured my lung another time when i was 16 i tee boned some one and broke my thigh bone and my hip was on crutchers for 18 mths shall i go on if your still riding at 44 you will have many crash tales
    over 40 still ridin hard
    still learning
  • Hammer663s

by Hammer663s » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:11 am

At 18 was riding practice with my RM125 and took a new line over a big jump. There was a rock buried in the face and it kicked the rear end up and sent me over the bars, 20 feet up at 40 mph. I landed on my back and it knocked me out. When I came to I could tell my left femur was broken. Didn't really hurt that bad, not a compound, just displaced. Medics came and got me, took me to hosp and they fixed me up. Was 6 months before I could ride. I've never been fast since. Learned fear. Coulda been my neck.