GPS Systems
    crfsonly
    Owner

GPS Systems

by crfsonly » Thu May 29, 2008 10:40 am

This forum is for all GPS related questions and information. Many are now using GPS systems on their dirt bikes as well as in their trucks and other vehicles. The technology is evolving fast and ever changing. Ask questions, share your knowledge and experience with all CRF's Only members.

Please keep it GPS and mounting related.
  • jsmthjsmith83

Re:gps systems

by jsmthjsmith83 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:09 am

The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a U.S. space-based global navigation satellite system. we can track a vehicle or person using this features,It provides reliable positioning, navigation, and timing services to worldwide users on a continuous basis in all weather, day and night, anywhere on or near the Earth,with the help of a gps we can know the exact location of the person.
  • jackmartinn55

by jackmartinn55 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:02 am

now days technology is a part of life. Everyday introduce a new technology. GPS system means Global Positioning System. Now days It is using in car, vehicles, mobile, Robert etc..It is very useful technology for locating a desired location.
  • jhonkevin

by jhonkevin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:20 am

In today there are to many GPS system are use in the world. Now days technology is a part of life.GPS system means Global Positioning System. In the current market gps system is use in Car, Mobile, Laptop, Vehical etc..Its use in radio transition signal. It is very useful technology for locating a desired location.
  • jack.19987

by jack.19987 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 am

Now a days GPS system is used very much in the market. It is very important. It stands for Global Positioning System. It is U.S. based system. There are mainly three parts: satellites orbiting the Earth, control and monitoring stations on Earth, and the GPS receivers owned by users.
  • jonnybbush

by jonnybbush » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:17 am

Global Positioning System is a space-based global navigation satellite system. Its provides location in all weather and at all times.Now a days Its use in every where.
  • smithsjhons

by smithsjhons » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 am

GPS is one of the latest technology in the current world. It is space-based global navigation satellite system.and Its provides accurate location and time information for an unlimited number of people in all weather, day and night, anywhere in the world.
  • sudomark3

by sudomark3 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:56 pm

GPS Tracking (Global Positioning System) has been around since 1973 and it works via a network of satellites in orbit that determines the location and time of a device. Nowadays, it isn’t a niche technology – most, if not all of us, have mobile phones and tablets with integrated GPS tracking systems. In fact, since 2005 the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has required mobile phones to have GPS tracking capabilities for emergency purposes.
  • kowski

by kowski » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:36 pm

After going to Moab UT a few years ago and spending 90% of our time lost and trying to figure out where we were on a paper map I bought a GPS. I went with a Garmin Oregon 450t and it has turned out to be one of the best things that I have bought for my dirt bike trips. it came with a mount that you can mount to handle bars/roll bars etc. you can download any map onto the gps (has a bit of a learning curve).... you can take any trail map and get it mapped onto your gps. It is a great, love it!
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Welcome to CRF's Only! I have to agree about having a GPS if you are going to be riding in places like Moab. When I went my GPS saved me at least twice from wasting a lot of time "finding myself". Had a scare though. Got back to the truck one day and looked down and my GPS was gone! Back tracked some 10 miles before finding a group of mountain bikers and asked them if they found a GPS and bingo! Not only did I find it but it was still working and hardly had a scratch!

Again, welcome!
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com