A couple old guy MX laps
    JimDirt

A couple old guy MX laps

by JimDirt » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:28 am

This is a mostly non-maintained local track i ride/practice at , the guy i am riding with is 51 , next month i will be 6 years older than him , its only 2 laps because he pulled off after the second lap , this was shot on May 2016 , it was shot with a Hero3+ Silver , it is mounted on the mouth guard of my helmet...anyway .... Enjoy ...
    its nothing special , just old guys having fun

Last edited by JimDirt on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:28 am

Looking good!
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com

by Aussiecrf230 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:01 am

As long as your having fun Jim that is the main thing. Not a bad place to play in either.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Cool Jim ! That looks like a fun track ! Reminds me of Deer Valley Cycle park that we used to have.

Thanks for sharing it. 8)
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:13 pm

Yea its a "old school" MX track , i can do 35 minute moto's on it at that same pace or a little faster , if i have someone faster than me to ride with , just because it flows and has minimal jumps , and what jumps it does have are pretty small , but it keeps me in shape , so when i do go to the rougher local SX style jumpy tracks , i can at least last 15 minutes without slowing

For some reason , everyone in Idaho and Washington thinks a SX track is a MX track , they are about 1/4 or less size of a National track and about half the size of this track and nothing but turns and jumps everywhere , they are all like 2nd or 3rd gear for 80% of the track and they keep calling it MX , at least this track i can do 3rd in the corners and 4th/5th on the straights and mostly stay in 4th the majority of the track

And yea Ray , i am having fun , which is as you mentioned , the main thing , riding is one of the most important things in my life ;) , i go just fast enough not to fall over 8-[
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:26 am

Obviously I have gone too slow some times, as I have fallen over. Damm that ground can be hard.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:56 am

Ain't that how it always is ?? , in another few years we will all be laying on a track somewhere frantically pushing that button around our necks , saying "I've fallen and i can't get up!!" :lol: :? :cry:
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:18 am

My problem is my knees are worn and legs are now shorter. So either lower the seat or get big soles on my boots.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

JimDirt

by JimDirt » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:09 am

When i was in Junior High 7th grade (about 1973 or so) , i was 5'11-1/2" , because of breaking my back 3 times and then breaking my neck about 7 years ago , i am now 5'9" , i have Arthritis in ALL joints , Bursitis in both shoulders .....nothing like getting old to put things in perspective ..... :cry: , i even notice a tire circumference difference on my bike , and a slightly taller tire of even 1/2" makes a difference on weather both feet touch the ground or not now
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • rayzer164

Re: A couple old guy MX laps

by rayzer164 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:36 pm

your very fortunate. nothing like that in jersey
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Fri May 25, 2018 9:13 pm

your very fortunate. nothing like that in jersey

The video i posted above is our clapped out practice track on some B.L.M. land , it never gets maintained but maybe once a year it gets a bulldozer to blade the track , that's about it , and is sketchy at best , actually tomorrow i am going to a new MX track that opened up about 60 miles from my house (near Boise) (this is the track i will be at tomorrow)

So myself and the guy i am riding with in the first video and another friend (i am the oldest , the guy in the video is going on 53 , the other guy i ride with is 4 months younger than me , i will be 59 in Aug.) will be checking this new track out for the first time , i will have front and rear facing GoPro's , so hopefully i will get some good footage , honestly , most of the tracks around here (4 within 100 miles that are open to the public) are not what i consider "real" MX tracks , they are smaller and narrow and sometimes one lined , i don't feel anyone that maintains them actually knows what they are doing , i used to maintain a MX track (the one in the first video actually before it got abandoned) , and from what i know of how it "should" be done , is not what most do around here , so its either a slick muddy mess the first moto , or dry and dusty and hard packed , or a combo of all of the above ..... which means every lap its sketchy

For as much moto industry we have in Idaho .......(all these places originated and are still in Idaho) Rekluse ,Pro Moto Billet , Fastway , Western Power Sports/Fly Racing , Scott Goggles , Smith Goggles , Kouba Link , and guys like Bob Hannah live here along with , Damon Bradshaw , and Jason Thomas (who now works for Fly Racing in the Boise main office) , and also you have guys like Jake Weimer (SX and MX) was born here , David Kamo (I.S.D.E and Baja , and Hare & Hound champ) , Ben Evans (SX and MX) , Danny Smith (SX and 08 Arenacross Champ) , Cole Siebler (SX and MX) ..... With all that you would think we would have dozens of MX tracks that are top level ,, but unfortunately , most look like whats in the video or worse , its a place to ride , but we could have so much better ... I could not imagine living in a area with no tracks , or at least the ability to ride off-road , if that is the case where you live , i feel sorry for you , and hope you can get something decent soon ...... we have literally thousands of miles of motorcycle specific and motorcycle friendly trails some right outside of Boise city limits in the foothills , we usually ride from Late February to November depending on weather , i pretty much ride every weekend unless i am recovering from some medical crisis like heart attacks or heart issues , cancer or broken bones from crashing .....gettin old sucks :( ......
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • alsnyder

by alsnyder » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:04 pm

I'm happy to see there are others out there more my age still riding dirt and enjoying it.
    I'm 61 and own a CRF150RB and still rip every summer. I'm going out in the morning actually
    and plan to keep going as long as my health holds up .. for decades to come if I'm lucky ..
    Al Snyder
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:54 pm

I'm happy to see there are others out there more my age still riding dirt and enjoying it.
    I'm 61 and own a CRF150RB and still rip every summer. I'm going out in the morning actually
    and plan to keep going as long as my health holds up .. for decades to come if I'm lucky ..
    Al Snyder

Cool , yea its what keeps me going , after a Ken Roczen type broken wrist in Aug of 16 , a heart attack new years day 17 , and part of my lung removed from cancer Aug of 17 , i take every opportunity i can to either trail ride , or hit the track (mainly track) , that video was done just before my wrist/hand almost got tore off , i will upload some more recent videos when i get a chance , i pretty much ride every weekend , mostly at the location in the video because its free , will be 59 in about 2 weeks and still trying to ride like i did when i was 20 .... 8-[ :-~
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho