2008 150RB idle adjustment issue
  • Mebilloz

2008 150RB idle adjustment issue

by Mebilloz » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:44 am

Greetings from Oz.

Recently bought my 13yo son a 2008 150RB which by and large seems to run very well. It is a bit of a pain to start when cold here 18 deg centigrade the easiest process is 4 pumps of the throttle and kick. When warm it stil likes a pump or two to start it.

When riding in some events my son seems to stall it here and there and the starting issue become a little problematic.

I thought I would have a look today at various bits and started with looking to lift the idle a little. What I quickly found was that if I turned the idle speed adjusted a fraction, the revs jumped up heaps. Back it off a fraction, the revs dropped back to where it started from. What is the fraction I am turning it, well almost nothing, far less than a 32nd of a turn.

This suggests to me that there is something I don't understand happening and I was hoping the collective brains might have some suggestions.

All jetting is standard which in my book (and I have confirmed) is a 130 main, which is odd since there is so much talk of 140 mains on this site?

Anyway, look forward to any insights that can be offered.

Bill