Closing public land
    In2deep

Closing public land

by In2deep » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:55 pm

I got this email today and I thought I would share.

Hello NRA Members and fellow supporters of access to public lands.

Wilderness bills are popping up everywhere as the political climate is ripe for them and
    we need to let our elected officials know we strongly oppose this trend. We can achieve
    this in both the voting booth and through letter writing, which brings us to the point of this alert.

Senator Boxer and Representative McKeon introduced the Eastern Sierra and San Gabriel
    Wild Heritage Act, H.R. 6156 in the House and S. 3069 in the Senate last May.
    It is an over the top bill that contains huge tracts of inappropriate wilderness, and Senator
    Feinstein is already working with wilderness groups drafting another one in Southern Inyo County.

Early wilderness legislation designated truly remote wild lands, but today's wilderness bills contain mine sites and roads
    that are merely cherry stemmed in if not closed entirely. Wilderness advocates shaky arguments supporting designation
    are easily countered, making it readily apparent that their true agenda is simply closing Americans out of their public lands.
    They simply continue repeating their talking points, knowing that if enough letters are sent, lazy politicians wanting votes will buy into it.
    We need to let our elected officials know we won't tolerate this rampant land grabbing that is robbing us of our rights.

I want to appeal to all NRA members receiving this to contact the NRA about getting involved in
    opposing this and future wilderness bills. These bills will impact hunters as much as any forest user group
    and having the NRA take a strong position is vital. Call or mail the NRA at:

800-392-8683 - Grassroots Hotline
    When calling request "option 4" to speak with a live person and share your comments regarding how you would like the
    NRA to use its considerable combined voice to help oppose bad wilderness

NRA-ILA
    11250 Waples Mill Road
    Fairfax, Virginia 22030

PLEASE SUBMIT COMMENTS AND PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO ANY FRIENDS OR ASSOCIATES
    THAT SUPPORT PUBLIC ACCESS TO PUBLIC LANDS.

FURTHER DETAILS AND INFORMATION REGARDING THE BOXER/McKEON WILDERNESS BILL:

Maps associated with the bill are at:

http://mckeon.house.gov/eastern_sierra_maps.aspx

The original text of the bill as introduced on May 22. 2008 can be found at
    the following website but it hasn't been updated to reflect subsequent
    amendments shown on the maps.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin ... 6156ih.txt

To all the signers of the petition to establish a wilderness alternative:
    AAPL has been gearing up for an assault on the rampant legislation of wilderness through the alternative designation
    that was the subject of the petition you so graciously signed. In conjunction with the Blue Ribbon Coalition, AAPL has begun
    to draft legislation to create a Semi-Primitive Backcountry Roaded Designation that will carry equal weight to wilderness, insuring
    reasonable access to all recreationalists on select lands not yet wilderness.

We are busy gathering more grassroots support for this effort and look forward to working with you all as we bring this effort to fruition.
    Meanwhile, VOTE in candidates that support conservative values and stay tuned for more Land Use Action Alerts.

Thank you for stepping up,

Greg Weirick
    President-Advocates for Access to Public Lands
    www.access-advocates.org
    Just me

by Just me » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Don't know how I got on that mailing list, but got the same e-mail today.
    Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts.06 250X Flatlands skid and rad guards. Clarke 3.1 gal tank. Cycra Probends, Rekluse Pro, correct springs. Horn, mirror, brake/tail/license lights and a hanger for the plate. That is all.
    woodsman

by woodsman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Same here, I was just about to post it too. 8)
    Currently, 05 450X
    Previously, KTM 790 Adv R, Cbr600rr, Crf450R, Crf250X
  • eoc1212

by eoc1212 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:21 pm

same here!