Eastern Ontario
  • DB450

Eastern Ontario

by DB450 » Sat May 13, 2006 9:13 am

I am a 45 yearold EX MX and just starting out trailriding and looking for trails and possible riding buddies in eastern ontario western quebec.

Drop me a line,
    Don
    oldtimer

by oldtimer » Tue May 16, 2006 7:34 pm

Your always welcome out with us. Unfortunately most of the time I have 7 and 10 yo with me so we run at a really… no no… I mean really slow pace. This year I want to get more than 500 feet before getting off running back to pick up a bike.

I’d like to get out some time with the bigger boys. We should try to schedule something this summer.

Have you considered membership in the Bytown Motorcycle Association? Here is the link http://bytown-motorcycle-assoc.ca/
    It’s all offroad guys… I plan to join this year.
    06 CRF230, BBR F&R Springs, BBR Triple Clamp and Link,BBR skidplate and cam cover, RSW fork brace, Pro Taper Fat bars, Ready Filters, Power up Kit, Airbox Mods and Trail Tech.
    06 CRF80
    04 CRF70
    88 CR250
  • DB450

by DB450 » Wed May 17, 2006 5:53 am

Hi again OldTimer.

I know what you mean. I will have my 16 year old and my wife starting this year. They are brand new so I expect a very slow going. I will probably be a sweeper.

I am just getting over a major leg operation, due to my MX days, so I figure I may be a bit slow for the first hour or so.

I did checkout the Limerick Forest website. It looks like a great place to ride.

I still need to get some gear first. Boots and gloves at least before I go. Give me a couple of weeks and then we should schedule an outing.

I will also checkout BMA.

Check this message board regularly. As soon as I am ready I will post a message hear.

Regards,
    Don
  • sharko

by sharko » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:24 pm

Hey Dorion is ok, ever been there?
  • DB450

by DB450 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:29 am

I have never heard of Dorion. Where is it exactly? What is it like?

I am always looking for new places to ride.

I have been to limerik forest a couple of times and found it really nice.

Idealy I would like to find a good sand quary and ride.

Still waiting to get to calabogie.

Don
  • DocCRF-X250

by DocCRF-X250 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:36 pm

Hey Guys, I read you talking about limerick I know a few people who have said it is great time. I am from kingston and always looking for trails. I seen on the web one at algonquin looks really awesome. I want to do more trail riding so I am going to have to get liability insurance and a plate. Is there anything else I need to ride these trails?