Lookin to vacation somewhere in North Carolina where you can
  • JayDubbs9273

Lookin to vacation somewhere in North Carolina where you can

by JayDubbs9273 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:44 am

Anyone know where there is open land to ride and camp in North or South Carolina. Kinda lookin to rent an RV load up the bikes and basically ride. I wanted to go out to Arizona to do it but the drive is rough from NJ, but the desert riding seems sooo tempting. There is a Motocross video called Moto 3: The Movie and one of the scenes is Taylor Roberts, and Destry Abbott where they just head out in their backyard and tear off into the desert which is sick. Anyway if anyone know places to camp and ride in NC or SC let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
  • Hondacrfrider

by Hondacrfrider » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:07 am

there is north carlina motorsports park and there is brushy mountain. you should check them out
    Bikes in order
    -2009 crf150f (sold)
    -2008 crf230f (sold)
    -2008 crf250x (Dad's bike)(sold)
    -2008 ktm 144sx (mine, sold)
    -2009 crf100f (sister's bike)
    -2012 crf250r (mine)
    -2012 crf250r (dad's)
  • JayDubbs9273

by JayDubbs9273 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:40 am

Hondacrfrider wrote:there is north carlina motorsports park and there is brushy mountain. you should check them out

Cool thx, I will check them out for sure. Have you been to both? I see you have the 2012 250's, Honda did a nice job on the 250. My buddies son has that one but he put a ton of work into it before he even threw a leg over it. He did Head,cam, valves, HC piston, Coil, FI mappings, pipe, all billets Red, Rims and all. The bike is sick and it rides even nicer. Sooo much power throughout every gear.I'm pickin up the 2012 450R either this week or next week :twisted: "Can't wait"!! Anyway thanks for the info
  • Hondacrfrider

by Hondacrfrider » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:42 pm

your friend's son must be pretty pretty fast to need all of those mods haha.
    The only place i have riden in NC is brushy mountain. it is abounch of trails in the woods with lots of hills, rocks and mud. when i was there (august 2010) the trails were in pretty good shape and not too many ruts. there are different dufficulty levels of trails there with everything from wide 4wheeler trails to very tight 1st gear single track. all the trails are on a mountain so there are some great hills. and when you are not riding up or down the hill, you are riding on the side of it and when you look down, there is a pretty sick view. there is also an mx track there but it isnt much of anything
    http://www.bmmspark.com/
    just remember if you bring a kid with you, you have to fill out all the paper work.
    And as for NC motorsports park, i really dont know much about it but i wanna ride there realy bad!
    http://ncmp.net/index.php/
    and they also have a good Facebook friend page that keeps you updated
    Bikes in order
    -2009 crf150f (sold)
    -2008 crf230f (sold)
    -2008 crf250x (Dad's bike)(sold)
    -2008 ktm 144sx (mine, sold)
    -2009 crf100f (sister's bike)
    -2012 crf250r (mine)
    -2012 crf250r (dad's)
  • JayDubbs9273

by JayDubbs9273 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:24 am

Hondacrfrider wrote:your friend's son must be pretty pretty fast to need all of those mods haha.
    The only place i have riden in NC is brushy mountain. it is abounch of trails in the woods with lots of hills, rocks and mud. when i was there (august 2010) the trails were in pretty good shape and not too many ruts. there are different dufficulty levels of trails there with everything from wide 4wheeler trails to very tight 1st gear single track. all the trails are on a mountain so there are some great hills. and when you are not riding up or down the hill, you are riding on the side of it and when you look down, there is a pretty sick view. there is also an mx track there but it isnt much of anything
    http://www.bmmspark.com/
    just remember if you bring a kid with you, you have to fill out all the paper work.
    And as for NC motorsports park, i really dont know much about it but i wanna ride there realy bad!
    http://ncmp.net/index.php/
    and they also have a good Facebook friend page that keeps you updated

Yea he's coming up. He rides with Desiderio and guys like that but he's only 17. He's about to blow the doors out hopefully this season. Will see for sure. We are actually going out this saturday to get some time in since its going to be in the upper 40's maybe 50 degrees so here in Jersey you need to take what you can get. They open Raceway Park on nice days during and throughout the winter, but I have been trying to ger the wife to move out to Cali, Arizona, or even north or south Carolina. Thanks for the links though its greatly appreciated.