Riding pics!

Riding pics!

by 124 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 am

We go to Freelin fairly often. Nice place, nice folks. Open practice on Wednesdays are pretty cool. Usually pretty empty means lots of laps and saddle time. Some shots:

The "super-double" from a distance. They really tamed this jump in recent years. It used to be pretty knarly. Straight up and down landing with about 90ft of hole in between. Late last year they rolled the landing and smoothed off the takeoff. It's still big, but pretty easy to do if you the airtime doesn't bother you.

I really like the section they setup before the super-double. It is turning to the right and forces you to lay the bike over through the jump section. All safe and really fun...

The start of the section above.

As the sun goes down, the shadows wreak havoc on cameras. but this one was cool, even though its kinda dark. Super-double from the side.

It doesn't look that big from the pics and the landing looks soft, but it still hurts if you don't make it clean. Suspension workout.

Another bad habit. I drag my feet... :oops:

Freelin is literally in the middle of a farm field. Just to the left is a cow farm. The smell of manure and the sound of cows moo-ing all day... :D

Took the family up north 2 weeks ago. First time we took the little bikes up there. My oldest boy is on a KTM 50 Sr and he brought a very fast friend on a 65.

Boys awaiting me to get a move on. "C'mon Dad!"

Clutch setup was wrong for the deep sand up north and he struggled a bit to figure out how to get through. but he started to get it. we have a little sand pit dealio across the road.

The friend on the 65 didn't struggle too much. :roll:

Took some friends of ours too. Their little one and my youngest are the same age. Both 4. They were ready too...

It was a family trip 9did I mention that already?) so instead of the fo-fiddy, I dragged the couch up. Had the 4yr odl in front, the 6yr old in back, with the tiddlers in tow. Twas hard going up without the bike. I think she missed me... :cry:

I'll edit and post up some more pics when I get around to uploading...
    70' Honda CT70 (Trail 70; Gold)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125
  • supersteve1191

by supersteve1191 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:46 pm

I need to get out there next season, that place looks badass
    450xdirt

by 450xdirt » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Nice pics 124. Those googles the kids have are bad a$$.

P.S. Don't let that couch make you soft :D

by 124 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:26 am

450xdirt wrote:Nice pics 124. Those googles the kids have are bad a$$.

P.S. Don't let that couch make you soft :D

Thanks and don't worry, it's not the quad making me soft!! ;)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125

by 124 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:27 am

supersteve1191 wrote:I need to get out there next season, that place looks badass

Which place? up north of freelin?

PM me if you're looking for places or people to ride with. I host a number of organized events throughout the year.
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125