Final Irish Hills Ride

Final Irish Hills Ride

by 124 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:57 am

Thought it was time to post some riding pictures.
    We had our final club ride at the Irish Hills track yesterday. Kinda sad because it means the season is over, but I'm kinda glad the season is over. Sooooo much work for the 5-6 person crew we have.

For this last ride, we held a fundraiser of sorts for the Harris family. Due to a crash earlier this season, John, age 16 is now limited to driving a golf cart. he uses a croquet mallet to operate the pedals.

We opened up the gate a bit and encouraged our members to invite guests. We increased our rider count to about 100. The old start straight was full:

The step-up always draws a crowd.

That pesky sun was out all day and caused some dusty conditions.

We had a great day riding. Couple crashes, but nothing too serious. We raised some money for a deserving family. Overall, a great ride and a great season in Irish Hills. if anyone local is interested in joining next year and wants to hear about it, PM me.

On ride event days, it's hard for the club officers to ride. Constantly talking to people, addressing concerns, watering, track maintenance, and tending to fallen/injured riders. I rode a few laps but my bike tried to kill me. Somehow in the most inopportune moment I lost all rear brakes and launched a berm straight into the woods. Little scary... :oops: The ol' bird has to go soon. I did steal another dude's 08' for a few laps (thanks Greg!). A little twitchy, but loved the "new bike feel"...lol.
    Proof I actually ride:
    70' Honda CT70 (Trail 70; Gold)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125
    450xdirt

by 450xdirt » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Nice pics 124. I especially like the last one of you sailing :D :twisted:

What's up with your breaks, did you find anything out?

by 124 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:29 pm

450xdirt wrote:Nice pics 124. I especially like the last one of you sailing :D :twisted:

What's up with your breaks, did you find anything out?

Nah...haven't taken a look yet.
    70' Honda CT70 (Trail 70; Gold)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125