Michigan trail riding

Michigan trail riding

by 124 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:22 am

Twice a year I host a Men's Weekend at my cabin near Rush Lake north of Atlanta, MI. The main ride day for the group is on Saturday with a specific trail, bar stop for lunch, and returning back to the cabin. We ride from the door.

The Michigan CCC (Cycle Conservation Club) also hosts a VERY large Spring riding event every year called the "Rites of Spring". They recently started coming to Atlanta because of the great trails, facilities, and open arm welcome from the local authorities. Hundreds of riders. They're loop overlaps 90% of our Saturday morning loop. I've always wanted to ride they're event.

The Men's Weekend usually falls in mid-April because of the cooler weather and ground thaw still keeping a lot of moisture in the ground. We hate dust. This year, because of scheduling conflicts, the men's trip and the Rites of Spring fell on the same weekend. We rode our loop, except they're were a couple hundred other people riding too!! I had more fun riding in the woods than ever. I really need to race a Hare Scramble... :D

I'm tare-ih-bull at taking pictures. I bring the camera and forget to take it out. I even brought the camera in my pants pocket, on the ride, and forgot to take it out to snap a pic. So apparently, a dude from www.dirtbikemichigan.com jumped in my 8 person riding crew and got some footage of us.

The trail is 60 or so miles. Not hard since they put the bridges in. Enjoy!

3:43 of the first video
    http://www.dirtbikemichigan.com/mitrail ... OS2010.flv
    4:06 mark in the second
    http://www.dirtbikemichigan.com/mitrail ... atrail.flv

Our 5 seconds of fame...lol. :lol:
    70' Honda CT70 (Trail 70; Gold)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125
  • VENBOI

by VENBOI » Tue May 18, 2010 7:24 am

Looks like a fun lil ride 8)
    NO ONE ON THE CORNER GOT A SWAGGER LIKE US.
    58v 2010 USDR- V303 2010 D37
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Tue May 18, 2010 7:27 am

Awesome!! 8)
    Satori

by Satori » Wed May 19, 2010 4:38 pm

ah, sounds like I missed out! Would love to check out those trails or that ride one of these years!