Garns Mountain Ride report.
    Riley

Garns Mountain Ride report.

by Riley » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Last Friday we went to Garns Mountain. Getting dusty now that the weather has held off for a while, but not bad.

Parked at the Y Parking Area just past Kelly Ski Hill, and took the bikes on the road to the trail head. Faster and easier this way with the wash board road.

Started out pretty chilly at 9am in the shade on the road, but then got up to 80 or so by noon.

The roads up to the trail head at Moody Swamp had been graveled this summer, so I had a little trouble with the back end wanting to slide out. Maybe bike setup, or me.

Pretty good single track up to the top and around to the survey marker at the top, 9000' or so. Great view of the valley and the Grand Teton. Then a rocky switchback ATV trail down a ways, then quick trail back to the start of the single track. Usually pretty quiet up there do the single track and difficulty. A little tough for me in some spots, not so bad for others.

47.7mi from the Y and back 20ish mile of road
    2hr 37min moving time
    @1hr 30min stopped time
    49.3mph max speed
    18.3mph moving average
    12.4mph overall average

Top of Garns, at the survey marker:
    9024ft
    N 43* 39.781'
    W 111* 19.926

Didn't take photos this time, but I'll see if I can get some up from the time before. My Go Pro Wide doesn't take the best photos for distance.
    Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.

165 main, 42 pilot, JD Red needle 4th clip, R&D Flex fuel screw 2 turns out, open air box, FMF Q4. 4-9000ft, 50-100*