Bike setup for CO 500 Riding
  • c-ville450x

Bike setup for CO 500 Riding

by c-ville450x » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:59 am

Hey Guys, this is my first post on this site, Iv'e been looking for a crf forum. I am from north GA so not used to the "rockies." Anyways, I have an 06 450x and will be riding the CO 500 this Aug; need to get the bike ready. It currently has a Rev-loc centrifugal clutch, full exh., renthol bars, handguards and a larger rear sproket. Iv'e also got the computer rigged up from a KTM adventure. The ride is on and off road, mainly off. What type of tires would you guys recommend for CO? I also need a larger gas tank, 3.0-3.4gal maybe, ims or clarke tank? Any other mods you guys recommend? Steering damper, etc...? What brand? Thanks.
  • mountainarch

Re: Bike setup for CO 500 Riding

by mountainarch » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:53 am

c-ville450x wrote:Hey Guys, this is my first post on this site, Iv'e been looking for a crf forum. I am from north GA so not used to the "rockies." Anyways, I have an 06 450x and will be riding the CO 500 this Aug; need to get the bike ready. It currently has a Rev-loc centrifugal clutch, full exh., renthol bars, handguards and a larger rear sproket. Iv'e also got the computer rigged up from a KTM adventure. The ride is on and off road, mainly off. What type of tires would you guys recommend for CO? I also need a larger gas tank, 3.0-3.4gal maybe, ims or clarke tank? Any other mods you guys recommend? Steering damper, etc...? What brand? Thanks.

Knobbies for sure the C500 does a lot of mud and yes to a3.5 gal tank, its a long ride and set your bike up for
    high altitude 10 to 12,000 ft several times.
    motosicko

by motosicko » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:20 am

You're about 2 years 4 mos. late to help this guy out.
    "There are old racers
    and there are bold racers,
    but there are no old, bold racers who don't walk funny."
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:40 am

motosicko wrote:You're about 2 years 4 mos. late to help this guy out.

I just pictured a guy sitting in front of his computer with bloodshot eyes, suddenly standing up and doing a victory dance.

" Yes!!! I've finally got my answer..."
    motosicko

by motosicko » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:16 pm

We're not all that slow out here in Colorado by the way. :oops: :lol:
    "There are old racers
    and there are bold racers,
    but there are no old, bold racers who don't walk funny."