Riding North of Seattle
    Chris1976

Riding North of Seattle

by Chris1976 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:21 pm

I am new to this site and to riding, I just bought a 2005 CRF 450R and Im looking for places to ride North of Seattle. I live in Everett so I am looking for places relatively close and I hope to find people to go ride with.
  • Mikey350D

by Mikey350D » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:55 am

Here goes:
    (you'll have to google these)

MX Winter
    Oakwoodracing (Roy)
    SIR or Pacificraceways
    Oak harbor; search for OHMC
    Toes (eastern WA)
    Horn Rapids (Richland) Search for HRMC
    Riverdale (Toutle)
    Hindsight (Portland) indoor

MX Summer
    (All of the above +)
    Washougal
    Burnt Ridge

BC Tracks
    Agassize (spelling?) and Mission Raceway

Offroad
    Belfair, Thurston County ORV and there's another ORV park in Mt Veron who's name escapes me.
    I think the offroad site is NMA.org

Stop By Everett Powersports if you need help/maps.
    Also try EWMXschools.com (Eric Waunch's site) for local MX news/chat and places to ride
  • Mikey350D

by Mikey350D » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:30 am

oops: Thats nmaoffroad.org.

ORV park in Mt Vernon is Walker valley.
    woodsman

by woodsman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:25 pm

I live outside Duvall. My favourite spot is reiter pit outside monroe, around goldbar area. Maybe sometime we can get together.
    Currently, 05 450X
    Previously, KTM 790 Adv R, Cbr600rr, Crf450R, Crf250X
    Chris1976

Thanks

by Chris1976 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Thanks guys, the next time my wife kicks me out for the weekend I'll check one or two of these places out. I bought all my gear at the Everett powersports and looked at all the info they had on the wall but didnt grab anything. I will have to make another visit.

Woodsman - I think I'll check out Reiters Pit first since its the closest. How is it this time of year? I am new to dirt bikes so I am looking for some mild beginner trails.
    I do whatever the voices in my wife's head tell me to do...sometimes
    woodsman

by woodsman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:23 am

The trails can be anything from mild to wild. Right now, it is covered by two feet of snow.it should be rideable soon tho. PM me next time you plan on going to Reiter. I'll see if I can't come along(if you don't mind). :D
    Currently, 05 450X
    Previously, KTM 790 Adv R, Cbr600rr, Crf450R, Crf250X
  • mdtoney

by mdtoney » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:46 pm

I just moved from downtown Seattle to Renton and picked up a couple CRFs. I got a 450x for myself and a 230f for my fiance.

We now have bikes, and all the riding gear, and are in the market for a mid-sized truck, so we're almost ready to go.

We're looking for some fun, scenic rides that aren't too far away (1-1.5 hour drive or so). I'll Google Reiter's Pit and we'll have to go check it out.
  • mdtoney

Re: Thanks

by mdtoney » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:16 am

Chris1976 wrote:I think I'll check out Reiters Pit first since its the closest. How is it this time of year? I am new to dirt bikes so I am looking for some mild beginner trails.

Did you check out Reiter Pit? I went two weeks ago and found some really good riding. The fun only lasted two hours before a stick punctured my radiator, so there was A LOT of territory that went unexplored, but I'll definitely be going back. I saw lots of bikes, quads, jeeps, and rock crawlers taking off from the staging area. Didn't run into too many people out on the trails though so there's obviously plenty of area for people to spread out and do their own thing.
  • Mikey350D

by Mikey350D » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:44 am

When we used to trail ride, often went to Little Naches.
    Tons of easy trails.
    Camped in an area called flat meadow(?)
    (something like that)
  • mdtoney

Re: Thanks

by mdtoney » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:57 am

Chris1976 wrote:Woodsman - I think I'll check out Reiters Pit first since its the closest. How is it this time of year? I am new to dirt bikes so I am looking for some mild beginner trails.

I've been to Reiter twice now. The first time I went with someone that had about the same experience as I do (moderate off-road skills - also on a 450X). We didn't explore the whole place, but we didn't find anything that was extremely difficult. We did find a couple trails that were so tight and had so many roots or rocks that they weren't even fun (at least not fun to me). We turned around and went to find something fun.
    I recently went back with my girlfriend and her 230f and it was a whole different story. She's been riding motorcycles for years and has a good grasp of starting, stopping, throttle, clutch, shifting, brakes, and going up and down moderate hills. She fine in the wide open or in the desert, but technical trails with logs and large rocks are very new to her. A few of the hills with rocks in the middle were a bit much for her, and the trails with tons of boulders caused her to go down a few times.
    I'm not sure what your skill level is, or how mild of beginner trails you're looking for, but I'd say that depending on your skill level, Reiter will have some fun stuff for you and will also have some stuff that could be difficult and not fun at all.
    My biggest problem with Reiter is getting out of there! Monroe and Hwy 2 both SUCK!! I've had to drive through there quite a few times in the past couple months and traffic is always miserable. Last weekend I went riding in Capitol Forest in Olympia instead. I'd rather drive an hour in the opposite direction than sit in traffic for an hour to go 10 miles.
    I would like to go back to Reiter someday with someone that knows the place well, and explore the whole area.
    I have heard good things about Little Naches and hope to get out there this fall.
  • kingsranch05

Re: Riding North of Seattle

by kingsranch05 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:30 pm

Resurrect:

I like riding Walker. I think I am closer to Reiter as the crow flies, but the cross-town traffic from Edmonds makes Reiter harder to get to.

Walker is older and bigger with more established trails that can be pretty difficult for beginners sometimes. I haven't found a way to determine before going down a trail how difficult it will be.

Reiter is a lot newer... I think since this thread was last updated Reiter has been closed, completely re-done, and re-opened. It's up past the pit now in a legitimate ORV area. It's a ton smaller than Walker.

I do Walker when I want to get "lost in the woods" - and I do Reiter when I want to run tighter, shorter trails and focus more on repetition of the fundamentals.

No opportunities to ride Tahuya or Capitol Forest yet.