Black Mountain
    jlee_evans

Black Mountain

by jlee_evans » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:59 pm

Live in London, KY here. Just wondering if any riders on here have been to Black Mountain riding park in Harlan. I've been planning to go forever now, and have just never made it. I've heard the trails are more geared toward utility quads and buggies, but I'd like to hear from someone here.
    smitty250x

by smitty250x » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:43 pm

jlee,

I have been to black mountain twice. It was the first dirt bike trip I took after getting my first bike a couple years ago. I had a good time. I did see plenty of utility quads and a few buggies. I went with a buddy who has been to Hatfield/McCoy and he said it was similar with a bit of an edge to Ky. for scenery. First trip we rented a house on the Putney trail head side and the 2nd time we stayed at Black Mountain Cabins in Evarts, KY. Will probably go back sometime this year. I live in Indiana so with you only living a couple hours away I would certainly make the trip to see for myself. Have you looked through the forum on Black Mountains web site? http://www.harlancountytrails.com/forum/ maybe that could help you out. I am not at home now but I think I have a picture or two and maybe a video clip of one of the trips.
    No guarantees but I will see if I can dig them up.

Matt :)
    2005 CRF 250X
    2006 CRF 450X
    jlee_evans

by jlee_evans » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:22 pm

That's awesome, I've heard a lot of people making the trip all across the eastern seaboard. I should have the time this year to take at least a weekend trip there. We have all kinds of local riding areas with campgrounds and such, but none quite as big as that place. I've been on it's site before, but not in quite a while. I need to check it out again and see all the updated pics and so on.

Pics and vids would be awesome too! Although I regret the pain it will put on me waiting for spring haha, I'm sure you know how the weather is in this general area during the weather.