CRF70 Carb. Can't find.
  • Devilhorse

CRF70 Carb. Can't find.

by Devilhorse » Tue May 17, 2016 12:22 pm

My son has a crf70f and it set up for a while. I built the Carb. and it cranks just fine. But if you give it throttle it sticks wide open. I am turning the slide in the correct position but when you give it throttle you can watch the slide turn clockwise and then it hangs.

Anyways I do not see a line up pin in the carb. for the slide. I am not sure if the smaller bikes use that setup or not. The slide has a slot for one but nothing in the carb. I wasnt sure if maybe it had worn away. So my idea was to just replace the carb. I thought most of them would have the same carb but I guess my sons bike has the only carb of this kind.

The opening on mine is 16mm and the bolts are 44mm. Air filter side is like 35mm. I can't find one meeting these specs anywhere. I can find a 16mm carb but the bolts are 48mm. The carb has a number of 12HBscA. The B has a square around it and the A looks like an upside down V. Anyways the numbers appear to be of no value.

Anyway the bike is a 2005 crf70f. If anyone can tell me a fix or where to find a carb it would be great. Im out of ideas.

Thanks and sorry for such a long post.
  • chris441

by chris441 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:37 pm

I have the same bike and found your topic by chance. I have this same issue. The bolts are actually 42mm apart. I ordered a cheap replacement off ebay to only to find out they have them all listed to fit the CRF70 but all are too big.

Did you ever find a place to get an aftermarket one? I do see the Honda OEM ones on ebay show the correct measurements, but they are $100+