Performance
    JD Jetting Kit
    Boyesen Quickshot
    Airbox Mods
    Twin Air PowerFlow Kit
    E2, Quiet, spark arrested, has power gain

No need for a cam

Napalm Filter bolt
    Zip Ty Hot Start Nut (not that important)
    CRF's Only Fuel Screw
    Rekluse z-Start w/ Perch Adjuster (not needed)
    Applied Vent Kit or Rob's Vent
    Applied Smog (they might frown on this)
    Fastway case saver Or Summers racing
    PC Thermstrips (not needed)
    ??? Fluidyne Radiators (not needed)
    Zip Ty Magnetic Drain Bolt (not needed)

Suspension
    Forks and Shock Valved and Spings (precision concepts)
    RG3 Link (not needed)

Controls
    Pro Tapers
    ??? Bend: ??? (windham nice rise, very little sweep)
    BRP Triple Clamp
    BRP SUB Mount
    Scotts Stabilizer
    Hammerhead Shifter (not needed unless you have 13+ size feet)
    ??? Pegs??? IMS F3 Pivot (not needed)
    PMB Kickstand (whats wrong with stock?)
    Cycra or Enduro Engineering (I have seen where Dirt rider prefers EE)
    Works Elite Perch (Why?)
    ASV Levers (why?)
    ASV Perch Clamps (why?)
    Spider Grips
    Joker Throttle (why?)

Braking (stock brakes are plenty adequate)
    Wave Rotors
    Stainless lines
    Fastway Cable Clip

Wheels/Tires
    Excel Rims
    Talon Hubs

For offroad (desert) the dunlop 739F or Maxxis desert IT would be a way better choice
    T.M. Designs Slide-n-glide
    moose or maxxis HD tubes w/True Goo

Protection
    WC Skid Plate Or Flatland
    WC Master Cylinder Guard
    WC Rear Brake Guard
    Scotts Rear Disc Protector or EE
    Flatland or Unabiker Radiator Guards (Flatland are way better)
    Brake Snake
    Reklust Clutch Cover (Rekluse is not needed)

Drivetrain
    D.I.D 520VT Chain
    Ironman Sprockets - Gearing? 13/49 or stock
    Zip-Ty Axle Blocks

Electronics
    Trail Tech Lynx and Protector or Acewell
    Vortex or Tokyo Mods Ignition (not needed)
    Rewound stator
    Baja Designs HID Headlight
    Hour Meter
    Rear Brake Light (not needed)

Appearance
    UFO White Plastics (not needed)
    Custom CRF's Only Graphics
    Wheels: silver
    Hoses: stock
    WC Engine Plugs (lame)
    WC brake reservoir covers (lame)

Misc
    IMS 3.2 G Tank - Black

I suppose if you wanted to showcase every product you sell go ahead, but I dont think thats what DR is looking for.

Also might want to consider a fender bag with a front tube,Co2 kit,irons,3 way t-handle and 7 way screwdriver.
    uniped

by uniped » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:49 pm

DD wrote:Also might want to consider a fender bag with a front tube,Co2 kit,irons,3 way t-handle and 7 way screwdriver

DD grreat suggestion I agree trail necesseties

MrSmith wrote:Some bling is ok, just not gaudy.

MrSmith good point

Scott
    ________
    Weed vaporizers
    Last edited by uniped on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:16 pm

there will be a fender bag (can't say much about it just yet but it will be trick) with tools and tube.

ken
  • Dust Devil

by Dust Devil » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:44 pm

MSR and Moose both have nice functional units.
  • dobent4@yahoo.com

by dobent4@yahoo.com » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:14 pm

Who's suggesting gaudy anyway besides in humor , unless I'm just missing something.
    Lots of that "blingy" stuff is very functional and lots of it is superior in build quality than the part it replaces.
    Ever use a Works Elite clutch perch just for one for one instance ? If not you should .
    As far as how it looks over time it's not any worse than some beat up oxidized stock component. Doug
  • Dust Devil

by Dust Devil » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:53 pm

dobent4@yahoo.com wrote:Ever use a Works Elite clutch perch just for one for one instance ? If not you should .

As far as how it looks over time it's not any worse than some beat up oxidized stock component. Doug

The stoch clutch pull/feel is the best I have ever felt on a bike, The WC is no better, the only reason to replace the stock one would be if you crashed and broke it(handguards will solve that problem)

As far as anodizing, dull raw silver looks way better than the pink color red anodized stuff turns into after a short time.
  • dobent4@yahoo.com

by dobent4@yahoo.com » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:00 pm

What's your big problem if someone has a view that differs with yours, especially about something as personal as what they think looks good.
    I think you've about worn out your campaign to make those of us who maybe like some red anodized stuff feel like idiots because it turns to "pink" so easily. Okay, we get it already.You don't like it, bfd.
    WRONG, not all anodizing loses it's color fast. It's just like paint, different qualities yeild different results. I've got anodized stuff that still looks great 5-7 years old.
    I wrote that I think the Works Elite clutch provides a big improvement in clutch pull, I have one and others that do have one have said the same thing. Do you have one and threw it out because it was worthless, or did you just go up to someones bike with one and give it a pull and decided it was junk ?
    There are ways to express your opinion on something without insulting everyone who had decided to do things differently than you did. You didn't do that and managed to share information that was also wrong. Doug
    uniped

by uniped » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:35 pm

I agreed with Mrsmith on the basis that I have seen many cars that accesorize to the point it looks like a Pepboys catalog. I don't believe any of us want the bike to look ridiculous but I am in the process of adding red andized goodies to my bike. I will add as many as I can without doing the motor frame swingarm and pipe but if anyone was to tell me my bike looks like a pile of junk I would excuse them from my presance. most of the good aftermarkt accessories are available anodized and that would most likely reflect on the popularity of that look. it is fine that you don't care for that but we have been building this bike with a majority rule approach. It seems the majority agree that a good dose of red goes with the general asthetic portion of this build. I think it is unfortunate that this seems to bother you so much. do you not like anything trick or just not anodized goodies? hope you like the end result as much as I know I will.

Scott
    ________
    Last edited by uniped on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Dust Devil

by Dust Devil » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:41 pm

[quote="dobent4@yahoo.com]

What's your big problem if someone has a view that differs with yours.

especially about something as personal as what they think looks good.
    I think you've about worn out your campaign to make those of us who maybe like some red anodized stuff feel like idiots because it turns to "pink" so easily. Okay, we get it already.You don't like it, bfd.
    WRONG, not all anodizing loses it's color fast. It's just like paint, different qualities yeild different results. I've got anodized stuff that still looks great 5-7 years old.
    I wrote that I think the Works Elite clutch provides a big improvement in clutch pull, I have one and others that do have one have said the same thing. Do you have one and threw it out because it was worthless, or did you just go up to someones bike with one and give it a pull and decided it was junk ?
    There are ways to express your opinion on something without insulting everyone who had decided to do things differently than you did. You didn't do that and managed to share information that was also wrong. Doug[/quote]

Doug look in the mirror and read that first line.

All I have done is state my OPINION , if you choose to take that personally and be insulted thats your choice, dont be such a thin skinned baby.

All anodizing fades especially when exposed to the elements, thats a fact.

The WC perch is no better than stock, thats my opinion. Why does my opinion bother you so much?
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:05 pm

as you know i'm normally not one for tightly moderating things but with the purpose of this area being the project bike i feel the need to keep things focused on the project bike as it will serve as a place for others to come and read about our choices.

so, doug and dust please take this "colorful" talk over to the crf450x section. thanks....ken
    cheezeburger

by cheezeburger » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:38 pm

I guess I sort of disagree about the "blingy" approach. Goodness knows I really don't like blingy scoots. Mine is very plane jane. I like plane jane.

But like a I posted before, CRFsonly is about customization. I believe our bike should have some sort of "wow" factor - appearance wise. Of course it should be an off road rocket as well.

You guys may think I'm nuts, but I like the idea of a red frame with the white plastic. But what ever it is, the readers of dirt rider should have a visual "wow". It would be different if this was a hard core race shop bike or something, but this bike should say something about the people on this site.

My 2 cents.
    Cheezeburger

I'm whats left, I'm whats right
    I'm the enemy - So who are you?
  • whiteman

by whiteman » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:02 pm

Sorry CB but noone on this site has a red frame 450X. I think it is too much. Plus, I still hope I can win this bike when it is done and I don't want a red frame. Haaaa
    cheezeburger

by cheezeburger » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:40 pm

Ken has already veto-ed me whiteman. The frame will be native silver. I changed my mind again (what else is new) and was hoping for black adonized on the frame. Oh well, it aint going to happen.

My biggest point is that our bike should be visually stunning and like nothing else. Ken can make that happen.

Also, the shock will be black adonized!!!!!!!!
    Cheezeburger

• Smash

by Smash » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:08 pm

Well how about a polished frame instead of colorized? A polished frame and swingarm always look good.
    cheezeburger

by cheezeburger » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:24 am

I would NEVER do it to my scoot, but I agree with smash. Ken, can we polish the frame?

PS - NO I don't want to polish the swing arm or anything. I just want those magazine guys to say "where are my sunglasses?"
    Cheezeburger