Troyss

Miscellaneous and observations

by Troyss » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:23 pm

Troy

05 CRF450x
    -r0b-

Re: Miscellaneous and observations

by -r0b- » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:27 pm

Troyss wrote:You know the old cliché two heads are better than one.

Around here, not so much.

hehehehehe.
    -r0b-
    Middle TN

Lurker Extraordinaire
    uniped

by uniped » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:44 pm

Hey Ken I was wondering if we could do a poll on a few of the ideas that fit your Idea of the bike you would like to represent your company and the members We have so many good suggestions that it seems to becoming a debate over wich individual componants we should use. I know you have got to be Chomp'n at the bit toget something definate.

Scott
    ________
    FETISH SEX
    Last edited by uniped on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • fat_boy_on_crf450x

A positive (though rambling) observation of the process

by fat_boy_on_crf450x » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:02 am

Just an interesting observation for me. Has anyone else noticed that our Appearance Modifications section has more views and replies than any of the performance mod sections? Rather than an indication of our collective vanity, I think it is a testament to the fairly swift path toward consensus on the performance mods to the bike from the members of this site. This can be attributed to the collective practical knowledge gained through trial and error shared by all of the members of CRFsOnly. Where else can you learn more about what does and doesn't work with a particular bike in such a real time environment? This is what Dirt Rider recognized as the not-widely-known benefit of sites like CRFsOnly.

As we are seeing, this leaves the subjective (appearance) aspect of the project to draw more discussion in the end. This is not necessarily bad. I believe, as the pre-prison Martha Stewart used to say, "It's a good thing".
    Scenes from KM1
  • Smash

Re: A positive (though rambling) observation of the process

by Smash » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:43 pm

fat_boy_on_crf450x wrote:I believe, as the pre-prison Martha Stewart used to say, "It's a good thing".

Did you just quote Martha Stewart on an MX site....... off with your head!
    Ernie Pezz

Re: A positive (though rambling) observation of the process

by Ernie Pezz » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:10 am

smashdata wrote:Did you just quote Martha Stewart on an MX site....... off with your head!

I agree, off with his head! Maybe his toes too! Although there is a rumor that Martha is sporting a CRF 230 these days. Ernie
    My Garage:
    http://www.crfsonly.com/forum/garage.ph ... cle&CID=29

Small enough cry babies?
  • Mr Smith

by Mr Smith » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:38 am

Heres another catchy phrase for ya. "Too many cooks in the kitchen"...Thats why Mr Smith will sit and watch the other guru's. :D You will do an awesome job im sure.
  • Smash

by Smash » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:20 am

Mr Smith wrote:Heres another catchy phrase for ya. "Too many cooks in the kitchen"...Thats why Mr Smith will sit and watch the other guru's. :D You will do an awesome job im sure.

There may be a bunch, but just think where we'd be without the one cook who said...

"Let's put apple in that pie"

"Let's put cheese on that burger"

"What do we do with this ice? Let's put tea in it"

"What should we do with this bread crumb stuff to cook it with the turkey? Shove it up it's..."
  • Mr Smith

by Mr Smith » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 pm

Hahha...You are correct sir. The bike looks to be a success to me...At least it isnt a DRZ! :shock:
  • Smash

by Smash » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:07 pm

Mr Smith wrote:At least it isnt a DRZ! :shock:

Yup, I took a look around over there the other day and thought the same thing.....