FMF megabomb honda crf250r 2006-2009 build
  • Primoz

FMF megabomb honda crf250r 2006-2009 build

by Primoz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:30 am

Hello everyone,

I'm planing to build my own FMF megabomb exhaus header for my honda crf250r 2009.
    Why I want to do it on my own and not buy it is because I love welding and doing that kind of project.

I have checked my friends megabomb from kawasaki kxf250, which I measured and did 3D model.
    I would need info from someone who have megabomb on crf250r 2006-2009, because the holes inside the bomb are not in the same position as in kawasaki which I measured.

So if someone can help me and measure this dimension on picture I would appreciate.
    I would kindly ask you for picture of holes inside the megabomb.
    And if someone could do outline contour of the megabomb header (contour on piece of paper)

Sorry for any language mistake (english is not my first language).
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    crfsonly
    Owner

Re: FMF megabomb honda crf250r 2006-2009 build

by crfsonly » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Welcome to the site! I'm not sure anyone is going to provide this information as it would require them to remove their header and do some measurements that aren't easy to measure. Someone might surprise me and that would be great. However, I recommend following the same pattern you see in the header you are modeling it after. This is nothing more than an expansion chamber that helps accelerate the exhaust gases. So, the principle would be the same for each. Good luck and again welcome.

Ken
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com