Advice from anyone who broke their wrist
  • slomotobug

by slomotobug » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:25 pm

so you tore up all your soft tissue too? how long did that take to come back from, that is what I'm dealing with, broke the raddius and cracked the ulna, but they are healed fine, its all the soft tissue/instability issues they are trying to correct, if they can
    motosicko

by motosicko » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Yes the soft tissue was the longest part to recover from. I had the pins removed at 16 weeks and was riding shortly after, but it took about a year before I was confident enough to race hard. I was actually back working and trying to use my left hand as much as possible, still in a cast, after 3 weeks, but it hurt like hell. I remember the hardest thing of all was trying to button and zip up my pants, that's hard to do with 1 hand. I think the best therapy was just using it as much as I could stand, and that Powerball was an incredible exercise tool, low impact and highly effective. I've come to terms with the fact that it will never come back 100%, but it doesn't hold me back from racing at 100% or more.
    "There are old racers
    and there are bold racers,
    but there are no old, bold racers who don't walk funny."
    euromike_85

by euromike_85 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Notice the puss's dropping all around my feet.

i think your standing in their sun spot 8) :D .

I also stretched and crossed the ligaments in my wrist, but i guess they corrected them with the surgery, but i still feel them something good if i bend the wrist too fast or try and a push up. regardless i believe the human body is adaptive, if you use your wrist (not abusing it of course) the body will do its best to keep it working.
    2004 CRF250R