It's time to get off of my ***
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:41 am

Oldman,

Good on you.

They say it takes two weeks to change a habit(us old dogs a bit more) but I am sure in a few weeks you will really start to feel the effects of all your hard work. It will be like being 10 years younger.

The loss of excess body fluid makes it easier on our heart and kidneys too.

Keep up the good work.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
    Old-Man

by Old-Man » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Ok almost one month into it. I'm giving up and saying fat. I'm just joking.

Me and my wife have been working hard at it. We have been eating better most of the time, and working out the days I'm home. She work out 5 days a week. The hard part in the last week or so was my daughters B-Day cake. It's was hard for me to say NO. I think if i would have I would be down a few more pounds.

I'm down 14 lbs to this point. I found out I was doing things the wrong way when it comes to cardio. I thought the higher you keep your heart rate the better. I was told I want to keep it in the 70% target range. I was up in the 90% range and it was a killer. One day I did 55 minutes on the elliptical and by the time I was done, I was soaked and the carpet under it had to pancake size sweat marks on it. :shock:

The diet change has been great (less the cake). I've been eating a lot of fruit, and we have vegetables every night with dinner now. We have been eating stuff like broccoli, brussel sprouts, asparagus and that is great on the BBQ. We have fish and chicken once a week. All in very good size portions. If I feel like snacking I will have some fruit, yogurt. In the mornings before we go to work out we will have one slice of wheat toast with peanut butter on it. When we come back we will have some fruit or a bowl of cereal. I like to have half a bowl of cheerios with one or two strawberries cut up in it.

As for the personal trainer we get once a week. We are on our third one. The first one did a good job, but just does it for new people joining. Then we got another one. He seem to keep a eye on the clock to much and worked us out like we were 100 years old. The new guy I'm sure we will stay with. Today was our first day with him. OMG he kicked our butts. The workout is only 30 minutes, but it seemed like 2 hours. After 30 minutes I couldn't even do one girl push-up. Little things that looked so easy seeing others do were hard as hell to do. You had no down time during the 30 minute workout. You get done with one set on a machine and he has you drop and do some push-ups, then back on it for another set then more push-ups. This goes on for the full 30 minites. Then after that you go and do 30 to 45 minutes of cardio. He kick our butts big time and we loved it. :lol:
    Old-Man

mikey526

by mikey526 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:27 pm

The best feeling in the world is when you get done with a ridiculous work out, totally exhausted, barley able to walk. Not the physical feeling so much but the sense that you just beat you rear on purpose and you reached your goal (of surviving). That and being able to take a really really long shower afterwards :lol: .
    Old-Man

by Old-Man » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:50 pm

mikey526 wrote:The best feeling in the world is when you get done with a ridiculous work out, totally exhausted, barley able to walk. Not the physical feeling so much but the sense that you just beat you rear on purpose and you reached your goal (of surviving). That and being able to take a really really long shower afterwards :lol: .

You got it!!

I'm sure tomorrow I will feel the pain. My wife is in a lot right now. She can't lift a thing she is tell me. I think she's playing it up so I do more around the house today. :lol:

It was funny after we got done and went to do the cardio some lady came up to us and said "I was feeling your pain". The funny thing is, we saw this trainer a few weeks ago and said that's what we need. He was working this lady out and we were feeling her pain. Hands down the best trainer in the gym if you ask me. Maybe one day I will get in good shape for a old guy. I have a few goals. One is to get ride of my gut, and get my health back inorder. One The other is to have the stamina of all the guys I ride with. That will make me a much better rider.
    Old-Man

Old-Man

by Old-Man » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Well I'm a month and a few days into trying to get into shape. It has not been super easy, but it's paying off. I went from right about 235 to 221.5 in a little over 30 days. I can tell you I do feel better already.

I have to say some days it's hard to say no to some foods, but I have been. Other days you can put those same things infront of me and it's easy to walk away from. :D

At the gym me and my wife have been pushing it hard. it's paying off for both of us. My wife is start to get some muscles. :lol: I'm hoping this means she will be able to pick up her bike this season.

The personal trainer thing is working out good. We can feel the pain the next day, so it must be doing something.

The hardest part if being on the road for 3 days. I have to be real careful what I am eating since we don't have time to workout. I pack most of the stuff I eat and I've been making sure I have a lot of fruits and vegetables to snack on. I stop one or two times at subway to get a sub. That seems to fill me up.

I have my mind set I'm going to hit that 200 lb. mark before the end of the year. I'm hoping to do it even before that, but I'm just giving myself a little extra time so I don't burn myself out on this.
    Old-Man

• VENBOI

by VENBOI » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:24 pm

OM hows it going :) good i hope.
    NO ONE ON THE CORNER GOT A SWAGGER LIKE US.
    58v 2010 USDR- V303 2010 D37
    Old-Man

by Old-Man » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Well I'm down 30 lbs and feel so much better. I still have not hit that 200lbs mark. i'm still hoping to hit it by the end of the year. I'm 204 right now.

Thanks for asking!

Tom
    Old-Man

• VENBOI

by VENBOI » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Right on keep it going
  • Rhoghead

by Rhoghead » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:58 am

Great work OldMan..... =D> =D> =D>
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 am

Good one Tom.
    Hope you make it by the end of the year.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • VENBOI

by VENBOI » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:59 pm

It's the 1st. i droped 14lbs in 09 and OM looks like you did a great job. KEEP IT UP good luck and HAPPY NY. :D