Hipps and riding
  • hobo

Hipps and riding

by hobo » Wed May 07, 2008 10:08 pm

I just thought i would pass on some knowledge about your hipps and riding, I receintly had dual hip replacement and some of the streches that i do would really benifit alot of people. I really noticed how much good the streching does last week when my left foot cought the ground in a slide and kicked my foot back so far it touched the rear fender and i had no soreness afterwords. Streches .. Lay on your back on the edge of a table or bed and let one leg hang while slowly bending knee back until you feel it streching in the front part of the hip not the thigh.. It will take several times untill you can get past the thight and into the hip muscles but do this and you will notice a big difference while ridding . also stand and spread your feet and slowly increase the distance outward , over repeated times you will notice the distance increasse and you get a good strech on the inner hip and groin muscles..
    I hope this helps some of you out with your flexability. As i progress with therapy I will pass on more info if it will benifit others

Mike
    2008 CRF150F
    BBR Pipe
    BBR Rev Box
    ReJet
    BBR air filter
    Airbox/Snorkel mod
    Sweet Ride
  • beau

by beau » Thu May 08, 2008 9:07 am

Great advice.
    I have been in the habit of doing a few simple stretches at random times throughtout the week and always before jumping on the bikes.

Sometimes people even laugh at me a little bit...
    But here I am 31 years old, living a pain free life.

I took my bike to a track two days ago and expected to be in pain all week, did my stretches, and I am just a little sore in my shoulders.
  • Malloy805

by Malloy805 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:00 am

Hey hobo
    Congratulations on your hip replacement. I'm also on the mend from double hip replacement. My surgeon says I can do any thing that I did pre surgery providing I maintain an exercise and stretching program. Thats good advice fo all of us. Happy to see you got back on a bike . Stay with your program and good luck
    SM :D
  • mrksmth786

by mrksmth786 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:36 am

Well, Nice one and for hip replacement, Total hip replacement (THR) is an excellent treatment option for people with late-stage degenerative hip disease. THR is one of the most successful and common surgical procedures in orthopedic surgery. In addition to marked reduction in pain and improvement in sleep, most people regain range of motion, physical ability, and quality of life.