Good to see this forum still up

Good to see this forum still up

by 124 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:27 am

I was part of the original cast of characters way back when this forum started. Good to see it still up and running. I see some of the OG's still posting up!! Hope all is well around here Ken. 8)
    70' Honda CT70 (Trail 70; Gold)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125

Re: Good to see this forum still up

by 124 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:32 am

Oh crap. After not logging into this place for years and years, I see my inbox is full of folks asking questions. I abandoned my CRF'sOnly brothers and sisters when I jumped to a different color bike. To all, I apologize! 8-[
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:32 pm

G'day 124,
    Nice to see your still alive and kicking as well - or do you have e-start, LOL.

Yeah there is different brands in my shed too, we just like anything that is two wheels and solving issues people have with their bikes.

How have you been?
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:57 pm

How's it going 124 ??? .... Yea some of us didn't drink that kool aid :lol: ( I actually still have the 06 X I had when I joined here ,and the same 02 R I got back in 08 *track ride that one pretty much every weekend*) :mrgreen: ...... seems a lot have moved on/up/out either with bike brands , or interests .......

Nice to see you are still around .... Hope things have been going well !! ....
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:37 am

Hello Mr. 124. I remember you. That was back in the day. Those were great days for this site. I miss those days... Great mechanical discussion and advice. Site was booming back then and had a pretty good gang that knew what they were talking about without talking too much. :)
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:25 am

Hello Mr. 124. I remember you. That was back in the ~ and Paul days. Those were great days for this site. I miss those days... Great mechanical discussion and advice. Site was booming back then and had a pretty good gang that knew what they were talking about without talking too much. :)
    So your saying I talk too much ?? :mrgreen: 8-[ :-k :-$ :?
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:16 pm

I miss Paul Turner. He knew his stuff and if someone truly asked a ridiculous question that was beyond stupid he told them that they we're stupid. Some people just should not even have a wrench in their pocket let alone their hands. So he told them that.
    We cater to the too lazy to do any research and the just plain stupid one time posters now just because the site is so dead.
    Funny thing is that no one even knew that he is "Paul the Tuner Turner" for the Honda Factory Team.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:01 pm

Yea , I hear what you are saying , I have noticed it as well , the majority of literal 1 time posters , ask something , we take our time to answer , and not even a thank you , or a response at all , and the post goes on to be 1 reply , if you look at the "Menu/New Posts" , it is full of them , 1 reply (usually me) and never a response from the OP even acknowledging our effort to TRY to help ....*sigh* .. :roll:

I keep hoping things will pick up , but it also seems to me by reading(not participating in) other bike forums , that the majority of them are like Social Media , or rather Anti-Social Media , and kind of volatile and infantile , which I would not care to be a part of anyway ....... every once in a while some people post here with legitimate issues , and questions , and even remain and continue to post , but the trend seems to be get a little info , and move on , or ask for info , then move on without even waiting to hear the info they asked for ........ I think the fact that there is no drama here , drives those that post only to be heard , to other sites ..... that part I can live without , but yea , I was hoping to see a continuance of what this place was 10 years ago , and not sure what the issue really is .... , I "think" we are personable to everyone , and I enjoy the drama free zone we have here , I just wish that type of chatter that once was here , was more popular , places like Vital MX and GrumpyTalk (TT) , are really drama factories and take away the fun of a information forum ....

I will still share what little knowledge I have as long as Ken is willing to keep the site up and put up with us ...... but yea , I understand where you are coming from ..... but I still check in numerous times a day , just in case we get popular to others besides Spammers and 1 timers ..... 8-[

And actually , I did not know that either :oops: , I thought he was just one of the guys that hung out with us.
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho

by 124 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 am

I'm doing well. Glad to hear someone still remembers us OG's!

Had a few KX's, my latest one (MY16) is getting a little long in the tooth. My boys are growing fast and they've been the ones to get the upgrades last few years. It's been a good bike tho. Low maintenance. It just doesn't "wow" me even with my suspension tricked out. Must be the air forks/chassis setup...just can't get super comfortable on it. Maybe it's because I'm getting OLD too! 8-[ Thinking about a red bike next year though.

I'm just glad to see this forum around still. I have fond memories of those days posting here. Paul, Dobent, ~, and you cats all made it what it was. I have to admit I'm almost a daily reader over on Vital tho. For all the drama that is stirred up, it is the best place to get your fill of moto chat. Those guys post up a lot of not-yet-posted news. Moto is life for us in my crew and just shooting the breeze about rumblings and rumors and such is a lot of fun. I blame MTV (and similar channels) for the current proliferation of drama filled shows! ](*,) LOL...whatevs.

I'll try to keep logged in here some more. Make it part of my coffee routine or something... \:D/
    braaap!
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125

by 124 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:16 am

Does ken still post up anymore?
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:06 am

Does ken still post up anymore?
    Once in a while , usually when someone has a part related post or one of us directs the poster to him for service work or something , but he is keeping pretty busy in the shop and Retail side of here , so not much time like he used to have ..... I guess that is what we are here for , to keep things flowing on this end 8-[
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho