Wondering what bike is good for me
  • Kaleynicole

Wondering what bike is good for me

by Kaleynicole » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:09 am

I'm 5'5", 145 pounds and started with a ttr125 and outgrew it and went to a yz125 and loved the speed but it was too tall for me. Currently have a ttr230 but I prefer track riding and find the ttr bottoming out too often. Wondering what bike I should go to next. Was thinking a crf150r but not sure the weight max for that particular bike.. any feed back is great.
  • Leardriver

Re: Wondering what bike is good for me

by Leardriver » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:10 pm

Maybe a CRF150R.
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Welcome to the site.
    Sounds like you like to go fast so the R series of bikes would suit you.
    My son could ride a CRF250R when he was 12 and was about the same weight and height. He did have the advantage of long legs? Nevertheless you must be able to pick it up if you go for a spill. The 150R would be lighter and easier to handle.
    Not knowing your age I can't say whether you will outgrow the 150R and remember depending on budget you could have the 250R professionally lowered,sprung and valved to suit you. No matter what bike you get you may have to change springs to suit anyway.
    The 2008 owners manual states max weight 150 pounds. Not sure if the big wheel model can take abit more. That said the forks with a spring change are put on CRF230s so I beleive a150R could be resprung to suit.
    Probably best you go to a dealer and see how the various bikes fit you as far as seat height, peg and handle bar position.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • Kaleynicole

by Kaleynicole » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:51 am

I'm 26 with the disadvantage of short legs so that's why I thought maybe a 150r but I don't want to outgrow it soon and have to look for yet another bike.
    Welcome to the site.
    Sounds like you like to go fast so the R series of bikes would suit you.
    My son could ride a CRF250R when he was 12 and was about the same weight and height. He did have the advantage of long legs? Nevertheless you must be able to pick it up if you go for a spill. The 150R would be lighter and easier to handle.
    Not knowing your age I can't say whether you will outgrow the 150R and remember depending on budget you could have the 250R professionally lowered,sprung and valved to suit you. No matter what bike you get you may have to change springs to suit anyway.
    The 2008 owners manual states max weight 150 pounds. Not sure if the big wheel model can take abit more. That said the forks with a spring change are put on CRF230s so I beleive a150R could be resprung to suit.
    Probably best you go to a dealer and see how the various bikes fit you as far as seat height, peg and handle bar position.