2005 crf 450 pulse generator question
  • scites

2005 crf 450 pulse generator question

by scites » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:42 pm

long story short, i installed the stator and pulse generator in my bike the other night and after i was finished , i discovered the little metal bracket that goes with the pulse generator. will i have to remove the cover to install it?can i leave it out? negative side effects? what does it do?
    JimDirt

Re: 2005 crf 450 pulse generator question

by JimDirt » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

Are you talking about the bracket that holds the wiring down ?? , if so , i would personally put it on , as the wires could move and rub against the flywheel , and short out what you just replaced ... and yes you would have to remove the cover to do it , but it should not be a issue , as you can use sealant as long as you did not ruin the gasket (make sure you drain your oil first , or lay the bike on its right side with the bar/grip on a 5 gallong bucket or something , then you won't even have to drain the oil)
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • scites

by scites » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Thanks Bud, i figured it out after i posted this, i fixed it last night. tore the gasket, but used black RTV to seal it untill i get around to ordering a new gasket

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

Are you talking about the bracket that holds the wiring down ?? , if so , i would personally put it on , as the wires could move and rub against the flywheel , and short out what you just replaced ... and yes you would have to remove the cover to do it , but it should not be a issue , as you can use sealant as long as you did not ruin the gasket (make sure you drain your oil first , or lay the bike on its right side with the bar/grip on a 5 gallong bucket or something , then you won't even have to drain the oil)
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Good to hear , was it the wire holder ??
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho