almost perfect
  • RedneckDriver

almost perfect

by RedneckDriver » Wed May 30, 2007 9:35 am

I've been wanting a 4-wheeler since i got sick of getting stuck every time i went riding with my cousin, him on his 400 AT rancher, and me on my crf 150f. I've pretty much quit riding dirt bikes, and have been saving for a good 4x4 atv. One of my neighbors has a 450 Foreman S for sale. He used it for riding his fields checking cattle. Great four-wheeler, good shape, not abused, only $2000. Why such a low price? IT HAS NEARLY 13,000 MILES ON IT!!! If it had about 8,000 less, it would be ok. What I'm wondering is what all new parts need to be replaced on the motor, and maybe a cost guess of getting these parts would be nice.

by 124 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:37 am

13000miles on a farm ridden 4-wheeler is astronomical. I'm having a hard time even believing that number. I would say maybe in Montana or something, but KY? Farms gotta be similiar to the way they are here in MI. 13000?? That's a lot. If it is on the up and up, then it depends mainly on the maintenance schedule followed by the owner. Those things will last forever if you maintain them well. The list of items it could need:

Front and rear diff bearing.
    Driveshaft bearings and or driveshaft itself.
    Steering components.
    Control switches.

Engines are pretty reliable. Their solid, but I don't know anyone with even close to the miles that has. I do know multiple people with Foreman ES' and their bulletproof. $2000? Might be worth the chance.

Why is the guy selling it?
    70' Honda CT70 (Trail 70; Gold)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125
  • RedneckDriver

by RedneckDriver » Thu May 31, 2007 9:55 am

124 wrote:13000miles on a farm ridden 4-wheeler is astronomical. I'm having a hard time even believing that number. I would say maybe in Montana or something, but KY? Farms gotta be similiar to the way they are here in MI. 13000?? That's a lot. If it is on the up and up, then it depends mainly on the maintenance schedule followed by the owner. Those things will last forever if you maintain them well. The list of items it could need:

Front and rear diff bearing.
    Driveshaft bearings and or driveshaft itself.
    Steering components.
    Control switches.

Engines are pretty reliable. Their solid, but I don't know anyone with even close to the miles that has. I do know multiple people with Foreman ES' and their bulletproof. $2000? Might be worth the chance.

Why is the guy selling it?

I don't know why he's selling it, i know it's in ok shape and still runs and handles good, and i know that he just put some new front end wheel bearings in it.
    But yeah, he has several acres of land, and rides over most of it 2 or 3 times a day checking cows.
    The day he bought his new one, i was around, and the key was in the old 4-wheeler so i wanted to see the miles. I turned the key to see that it had exactly 12,888 on that day, don't know if he's used it since then.

by 124 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:41 am

Huh. $2K? Take it for a spin. If all is good, buy it. Keep looking though. There are good deals everywhere...
    70' Honda CT70 (Trail 70; Gold)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125