08 Crf250r Won't Start
  • Sfreeman.freeman12

08 Crf250r Won't Start

by Sfreeman.freeman12 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:41 pm

After a long weekend of riding i decided to wash my bike however i forgot to plug the exhaust. I did an oil change and it fired right up but about ten minutes later i couldn't get it started. It acts like its going to start but then seems like its not getting gas. I have changed the sparkplug, checked the valves, and redid the timing but it still doesn't want to start. This bike is giving me a hard time and any advice helps. Thanks!
    JimDirt

Re: 08 Crf250r Won't Start

by JimDirt » Wed May 31, 2017 9:33 pm

Check the coil power wire and make sure it did not come unplugged , it could be that one of the connectors in a exposed position could have got moisture in it , so try blowing off all electrical connections with air , those would be the 2 most likely culprits , its just like washing a car engine and getting the distributor cap wet , it will start , then you shut it off soon and the condensation from the heat wets down the inside of the cap and no start....its possible that a connection is not sealed and has become grounded out or lost connection because of moisture , it SHOULD dry overnight and it should start tomorrow

Also , just in case , drain the float bowl , its possible somehow water got into the bowl or gas tank , , water will go straight to the bottom of the tank and get right into the bowl , it wont allow the gas to be sucked up into the jet and the bike wont start
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho