Replacing Leak Jet 2015 CRF250X? And other Mods for Bog.
  • CalebBX

Replacing Leak Jet 2015 CRF250X? And other Mods for Bog.

by CalebBX » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi guys. I've got a 2015 250x that I've been riding the last 2 years. Seems just like everyone else I've got some pretty significant bog when opening the throttle from idle, and slow speeds are rough.

I've done a lot of googling and here's what I'm planning on doing.

Airbox mod,
    JD Jetting kit,
    remote fuel screw

I'm planning on keeping the end can stock for now. I was thinking of drilling out the baffle but on my bike the diffuser and the spark arrestor are one welded unit so that makes it more difficult. I was also planning on keeping air filter stock unless anyone has other opinions on this.

I've heard a lot of differing opinions about replacing the leak jet on the 250X but none about anything newer than 08s. Wondering if maybe honda fixed this issue? If there is anything I should do in addition to what I have please let me know. Just seeing what you guys have had success with. I'm not much of a mechanic.
  • Leardriver

Re: Replacing Leak Jet 2015 CRF250X? And other Mods for Bog.

by Leardriver » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:49 am

The leak jet was the "cure of the month" a few years ago. The 450X, not the R, ran great when the leak jet was pinched completely closed.
    The bog is usually a weak transition from the pilot onto the needle circuit, or just twisting the gas too fast like you are on a two stroke. One needle clip position richer usually fixed that. It is worth a try before you do anything more substantial. The 2006 was terrible, but the 2007 carb change made it somewhat better.

You aren't going to pick up any power with the exhaust. That bike runs terrific with a 250 R cam. It wakes the bike up on the low and top end.