Pilot jet question...
  • Mtngoat00

Pilot jet question...

by Mtngoat00 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:15 am

Hi all, I just got a 2016 CRF250x. After making airbox mods and adding a new exhaust I went to tackle the jetting. When I pulled the float bowl I found the pilot jet was covered by some kind of pin that has been drilled though the casing of the carb. This makes it impossible to put in an after market screw or adjust the pilot screw at all. Has anyone else found this out? Did you just leave it or try to modify to get an adjustable pilot screw in? Thanks for your help, Robert Please see the pictures below.
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • Leardriver

Re: Pilot jet question...

by Leardriver » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:14 pm

The pilot jet is inside of the white plastic slosh guard, just above and to the right of the main jet in your picture. You don't have to take the carb bowl off to change it.
    The fuel screw, as opposed to an air screw on a two stroke, is what you are referring to. There are a few different suggestions about how to get it out, and none of them have worked great for me. My bikes have been older and had the easily removable style.