2014 CRF 110 broken engine case & bent shift spindle
  • harryo

2014 CRF 110 broken engine case & bent shift spindle

by harryo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi,
    I am looking for advice.
    My son crashed into his brother which caused significant damage to his bike.
    1. Bent the gear selector shaft
    2. Bent and broke off the foot peg bar
    3. Broke the foot peg bar mount from the left side crank case leaving a hole in the case
    The engine still runs fine and gears are able to be selected but the bent shaft deforms the oil seal so it will need to be replaced.
    My main concern is the crank case. Is this something that can be welded or will it need to be replaced? I have the broken piece which fits back into the case easily.
    Another option would be to replace the entire engine. Is there a manufacturer that supplies a short or complete replacement motor? The bike otherwise is in great condition, but as it is worth around $2000 I cant afford to spend too much on it. He will outgrow it in a few months anyway so I will need to sell it soon and I want to make sure that whatever repair is made it will last for the next owner.
    Alternatively, if there is anyone out there that would like to purchase the bike at a reduced price and take on the repair, please let me know.

Cheers

Harry
  • Aussiecrf230

Re: 2014 CRF 110 broken engine case & bent shift spindle

by Aussiecrf230 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:29 am

Without a picture hard to say but would be trying JB Weld on the case.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • harryo

Re: 2014 CRF 110 broken engine case & bent shift spindle

by harryo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 pm

Thanks Ray.
    I'll try the JB as a last option. Does anyone have a contact for a good welder in Sydney that could tig the cast alloy engine case?

Brad