Showa fork issues, inner cartridge
  • Duckhunter0690

Showa fork issues, inner cartridge

by Duckhunter0690 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:45 am

I have a question. Have u ever run across having issues getting the inner cartridge to unscrew out of the dampening. Where ya hold the 50mm wrench on outer nut then unscrew the inner part that has the clicker. I have tried everything and it will not bunch. Also my dampening rod sucks back up when ya pull it out, if that helps with any ideas? This is a Showa fork on a 2007 crf250r
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:44 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

So you have a wrench on the outer part of the cartridge and a 32mm 6 point socket on the Fork Cap Assembly and its not budging correct ??

I am assuming you have already removed the outer cartridge from the tube (by removing the rebound nut) correct ??

Do you have access to a electric or air Impact gun ?? , if you can use that on the 32mm socket , while holding the outer cartridge nut with the wrench , it should come free , is this the first time the forks have been apart ?? , it should not be that tight , is it doing this on both forks ??

The rod sucking back in is caused by air getting into the inner chamber by means of the seal in the Fork Cap Assembly , it will have to be disassembled to replace the seal

I can give you a step by step on that if needed , or if the valving is stock , you can just get a new Fork Cap Assembly from Honda and be done

Here is a walk thru (if the images do not show up , i can post more)
    http://www.crfsonly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40809
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Duckhunter0690

by Duckhunter0690 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:22 am

Sorry, i finally got it apart not long after i posted the question, yes it was the time being apart and only on one fork, but i did finally get it apart, yea everythn is back together and working just FINEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:03 am

Glad to hear its working OK !!

So did you end up replacing the Fork Cap Assembly ?? , is the rod still sucking back in ??
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho