2013 Air Forks vs Showa Forks
  • lee959

2013 Air Forks vs Showa Forks

by lee959 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 13 450 and it has a set of Showa spring forks on it. They are working pretty well, but I also have the option to get the stock air forks. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with both setups on the 13 and if I should just stick with what I have now or if the air forks can be better. I have only rode one Honda with the air forks and it was not set up right so I really don't know anything about them.

Thanks for the help!
  • artjudaslove

by artjudaslove » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:25 am

I read this, I'm feeling pretty good up here. Read by everyone It is similar to the knowledge that everyone should know it.
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:31 am

As you can tell from all the reviews and shootouts the air fork is still being refined. Some love it and others hate it. The biggest problem is getting it dialed in for your ability and likes/dislikes. Few shops really know and understand it so that makes it even more challenging. If the forks you have are working for you the I'd stay with them. If you want to learn more about the new technology and have a good suspension shop and/or ability and desire to get them working best for you then go for it.

KEn
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com

by Deanzo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:59 am

Two of my friends both picked up 2015 CRF450R's about a month ago.

Set up is very challenging......Very!

I hated the feel/ride of the front end, Mmmm, need a stronger word than hate.

3rd corner of the track I wanted to get off the bike and walk back.

They both talk it up a bit, as they have spent ALOT of money on these bikes, but I know they are not happy.

I'm sure if we had a pro team or a shop that knew what they were doing it may be better, but we don't.
  • bingy331

by bingy331 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:45 pm

We have a 2015 250 and my son loves the Air forks
    MB1 did all the revalve work.
    Set up is easy
    We have a small N2 tank, regulator, calibrated digital gauge, fittings and ZERO loss chuck.
    Very easy to adjust and adjustments can be felt.
    At this point 180psi and 172psi lower chamber seem to work great.
    I think people are just still just not comfortable with them yet