2011 crf450x clicker settings for 90kg rider
  • Toe mass

2011 crf450x clicker settings for 90kg rider

by Toe mass » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:38 am

Can anybody tell me how the suspension clickers work on my crf450x,
    1.does clicking towards the plus sign on the front forks top and bottom make the ride softer or harder?
    2.how do I make the back get better traction and not deflect to hard of logs?
    3.what is a close to ideal clicker setting front and back for a seasoned trail rider trying to ride fast in enduros, I'm 6ft 90kg with gear on?
    I've got the race sag set to 96 mm and the forks through the tripple clamp about 4mm, but I am a bit confused with the clickers and if I could cheat to get close I would be much more confident playing with them in the future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    crfsonly
    Owner

Re: 2011 crf450x clicker settings for 90kg rider

by crfsonly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:00 am

welcome to CRF's Only! both compression and rebound dampening is increased when turning the adjusters clockwise. the first thing you need to do is make sure you have correct spring rates for the forks and shock for your RIDING WEIGHT. without the correct spring rates the suspension will not function at it's best. once you have the correct fork springs and shock spring for our riding weight you can then test various compression and rebound and race sag settings.

again, welcome to CRF's Only.

ken
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com

by Toe mass » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:14 am

Thanks ken ,awesome site mate!

Pretty sure the rear spring is ok as it is still within the parameters stated in the manual , no idea if the front is ok tho , might invest in a proper overhaul by someone who does it for a living.

But anyone has any suggestions on clicker settings I would be stoked!