Fork spring rates: how much is significant?
  • LimitedSlip

Fork spring rates: how much is significant?

by LimitedSlip » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:20 pm

I've got a 2005 250R that has the stock springs (0.45 kg/mm). Using the spring rate calculater at the racetech.com site they recommend at 0.42 rate spring.

My question is whether or not this spring rate difference is significant enough to justify replacing them. It is something like a 6.5% change.

Does anyone have experience with this small of a rate change and if so was it significant?

Ken
    Codeman00

by Codeman00 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:55 am

In my opinion as a trail rider...absolutely significant. I changed mine from a stock 0.42 to a 0.44 front and from a 4.8 to a 5.3 rear. It made big difference!
  • LimitedSlip

by LimitedSlip » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Do you still have the 0.42 springs? :)
    Codeman00

by Codeman00 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:57 am

Sorry I didn't reply to this...I don't get auto emails anymore due to Comcast.

I do not have my springs, I sold them a long time ago.
  • mappsterr

by mappsterr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:01 am

Codeman00 wrote:Sorry I didn't reply to this...I don't get auto emails anymore due to Comcast.

Codeman -- I have Comcast as well and noticed I do not get the auto emails when watching a topic, but I did not know why. What's up with Comcast?
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:38 pm

mappsterr wrote:
    Codeman00 wrote:Sorry I didn't reply to this...I don't get auto emails anymore due to Comcast.

Codeman -- I have Comcast as well and noticed I do not get the auto emails when watching a topic, but I did not know why. What's up with Comcast?

you should be getting them. contact Comcast and see what the issue is. let them know to put crfsonly.com on the safe senders list for emails. if they need to contact me let me know.

ken
    OEM Parts for Honda - Yamaha - Suzuki - Kawasaki: http://yeltrik.com

by mappsterr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:00 pm

crfsonly wrote:
    mappsterr wrote:

you should be getting them. contact Comcast and see what the issue is. let them know to put crfsonly.com on the safe senders list for emails. if they need to contact me let me know.

ken

Will do Ken - thanks.