The powernow and powernow plus by scary fast
  • duneflyer

The powernow and powernow plus by scary fast

by duneflyer » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:37 am

Hi guys. My question is, I noticed you sell this product on the CRF website, but does it really work? I have a friend with one, and am thinking about taking it with my bike to test it, when I get it dyno'ed next week. I am having a hotcam stage 2 put in and want to have the jetting dyno tuned and figured I could test this thing out too!
  • hansie1001

power now

by hansie1001 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:30 pm

i put a power now on my relitivly stock 04,and like they say, in the bottom and middle it does seem smoother/stronger.I do not have a power now plus, but did go for the boysen quick shot,as that works well, too
    04 250X air box opened,no screen,power now,ncvt needle in a 145 main,middle clip pos.works con guards,barkbusters...one of 6 hondas in the garage
  • duneflyer

by duneflyer » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:15 pm

FYI... dont buy this product. I had an opportunity to dyno the power now and power now plus, and they actually took about 2 HP and 1.5 ft-lbs of torque away for nearly the whole power curve. It DID give +2.5 in torque and HP up until about 4,000 rpm. After that the curves basically swapped lined and the w/o curve stomped it into the ground. So, if you ride your bike at the 4000 rpm range, then by all means, get this product! Hope this helps someone make a good decision about this product.
  • BRRRAP

by BRRRAP » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:20 pm

THE QUICK SHOT IS THE CATS BOTTOM! I HAD A HARD TIME PUTN THE MONEY OUT BUT WAS WELL WORTH IT \:D/
  • dobent4@yahoo.com

by dobent4@yahoo.com » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:15 pm

FYI... dont buy this product.

I think this product will go down in motorcycle history as one of the biggest jokes gullible people ever spent money on,seriously.
    So, a hundred bucks for one end, two hundred for both ? Puhleeeze. Doug
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:29 pm

dobent4@yahoo.com wrote:
    FYI... dont buy this product.

I think this product will go down in motorcycle history as one of the biggest jokes gullible people ever spent money on,seriously.
    So, a hundred bucks for one end, two hundred for both ? Puhleeeze. Doug

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell us how you really feel???

I heard it only works if you put magnets on the fuel line...or was that copper bands on your wrists...I forget. :lol:
    NCLR1

by NCLR1 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:10 am

~ wrote:I heard it only works if you put magnets on the fuel line...or was that copper bands on your wrists...I forget. :lol:

What diameter copper bands should you use to get the most HP from the rotary girder? :roll:
    Tony C
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:17 am

NCLR1 wrote:
    ~ wrote:I heard it only works if you put magnets on the fuel line...or was that copper bands on your wrists...I forget. :lol:

What diameter copper bands should you use to get the most HP from the rotary girder? :roll:

I hear 1/2" is good. I know some guys running the 19/32" though.

Depends on the output of the Shanker shaft. :shock:
    NCLR1

by NCLR1 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:34 am

~ wrote:Depends on the output of the Shanker shaft. :shock:

That shanker is pretty deep. It's kinda hard to get in there with a little driver, so I think I might need to use the full incher. Hope I see some gains. :lol:
    Tony C
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:39 am

NCLR1 wrote:
    ~ wrote:Depends on the output of the Shanker shaft. :shock:

That shanker is pretty deep. It's kinda hard to get in there with a little driver, so I think I might need to use the full incher. Hope I see some gains. :lol:

Yeah,

I know what you mean...

I'm sure we would all love to see the Dynos when you get it done. :lol: :lol:
    Satori

by Satori » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:33 am

alright, seriously what's the word out there on this little piece? wanker cranks and reamin' the box aside... :roll:
    Is it just like one of those "tornadoes" they sell for your cars throttle body, or what?

duneflyer, that's some interesting info, but anyway, could you post up some of the graphs? just curious.

$100 is a big gamble for what could only be a "psychological" increase in seat power.

so, anyone else here actually have the product, and what do you have to say about the before and after? only bottom end? limit your rev out? fill us in. :)
  • dobent4@yahoo.com

by dobent4@yahoo.com » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:25 am

It's just my opinion, but I think it's one of the biggest jokes to come down the pike in a long time,the punch line in the joke being what it costs.
    $100 is a big gamble for what could only be a "psychological" increase in seat power.

That's what I think,and I think the people who make them maybe actually believe that they work.
    It would cost so very little to make them if they were mass produced, that I just don't see why the major manufacturers haven't jumped on that "laminar flow"or whatever it is idea a long time ago. Doug
  • jt1872001

by jt1872001 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:07 pm

the best $150 ive ever spent on my bike is a 2 hour private mx lesson from so cal mx training.
    how many lessons could the price of an exhaust get you?
    Satori

by Satori » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:26 pm

back to the topic of modifying machinery and not refining skills... ;)

I notice Boyesen has their own version of this product out now as well, but only for the new bikes, '07+ or something. Boyesen is a respectable company that's been in the industry for as long as I can remember... must be something there if their r&d caught on. Just my hypothesis. I also notice that the Boyesen (forgot the product name) has a higher price too. I'd agree with ya' dobent4, looks like the thing could be made for like $20 and sold for a few more...

Maybe next season when it warms up again I'll drop a hundo on the powershot (airbox side) if I've got it laying around and see what happens.
  • dobent4@yahoo.com

by dobent4@yahoo.com » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:37 am

Boyesen is a respectable company

That they are.
    MXA had a review on theirs on a CRF450R.
    They said it gave a "seamless",smoother transition from very low rpm on up through the midrange,and if I remember right the novices/intermediates liked the change and the experts couldn't tell because they rarely were in low to mid rpms, which makes sense.
    If I were to try one the Boyenson would be it, because I'm truly one of the guys who would feel it ! :oops: Doug