Safety Wire ?
  • chess

Safety Wire ?

by chess » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:16 am

Are there different strenghts of safety wire? If so can anyone tell me where to but it at. It seems the wire I have is not very strong. Thanks
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:39 am

Just me

by Just me » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:46 pm

Safety wire isn't supposed to be strong! It isn't there to hold stuff together.
    If your fastners are installed correctly, there will be no load on the wire. If they aren't it's there to keep from losing the fastner, not to keep it from coming loose. (Though that is a benefit if you catch the loose fastner during an inspection.)
    Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts.06 250X Flatlands skid and rad guards. Clarke 3.1 gal tank. Cycra Probends, Rekluse Pro, correct springs. Horn, mirror, brake/tail/license lights and a hanger for the plate. That is all.
  • johnmarshel

by johnmarshel » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:59 am

Just me wrote:Safety wire isn't supposed to be strong! It isn't there to hold stuff together.
    If your fastners are installed correctly, there will be no load on the wire. If they aren't it's there to keep from losing the fastner, not to keep it from coming loose. (Though that is a benefit if you catch the loose fastner during an inspection.)

Yes,Safety wire is strong,and avoid a load on wire then installed correctly this is very important things for all keep in mind that help you.