Techspec Gripster Grip Pads
    motosicko

Techspec Gripster Grip Pads

by motosicko » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:37 pm

It's not often that I find a product that's so simple and relatively cheap that gets me this excited to have on my bike. Techspec has been around since 1998, and I have never heard of them till last week, surfing around for grip tape. Ordered a set for my 450, $29.99, got it in 2 days, fit perfect. They are called Snakeskins, and are very thick rubber with a diamond traction pattern. I just used the frame pad, not the airbox pad which was included, because I didn't feel the need to cover my sponsors decal, besides I don't grip in that area anyway. Raced on Sun. and the control I gained from the added grip was amazing. Made me feel like I could throw the weight of the bike around much easier and in better control. Didn't realize how much I use my knees, now I will concentrate more in that area with the added feeling, and hopefully get less tired, and faster. Only complaint I had was one side peeled up on the bottom after 1st moto. I sent Techspec an E-mail on Mon. and they responded by telling me they would send a new set, free, to me that day. They really care about customer input and satisfaction. At the price of these I think I might just order several extras to keep for the remainder of the season. Good Stuff! :D
    http://www.techspec-usa.com/products/mx_honda.html
    "There are old racers
    and there are bold racers,
    but there are no old, bold racers who don't walk funny."
    braap207

by braap207 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:00 am

They are a great product but like you said, they come off fast :shock: I used them until I got sick and tired of seeing them go flying across when during pressure washing they would fly across yard when I'm half asleep and tired after weekend of racing. :roll: I think they make sense but are not reliable, unless you have a set to use each week.
    I don't ride dirty I ride canadian...
    05/06 NDMA MX Am State Champ

Your Mom goes to college is currently serving in Iraq
    motosicko

by motosicko » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:58 am

Techspec did send me a replacement set for free, but I don't think I will need to put them on till I completely wear out the original set. I ended up using some silicone adhesive to glue them back on and they are stuck good now. Guarantee they aren't getting blown off by any power washer. 3 rides and washes now and no problem. :) Also the new set they sent me have some new kind of "cold weather adhesive", so they might stick better than the 1st set I got.
    "There are old racers
    and there are bold racers,
    but there are no old, bold racers who don't walk funny."