Put your bike in the living room?
  • BreezeHonda

Put your bike in the living room?

by BreezeHonda » Sun May 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Hello all honda owners :) i've got an crf250r 05 in mint condition. Well yesterday i was driving with my friends and after all we gone back to the garage to place the bikes in there. Then there comes a bunch of weird people that were looking in our garage and started ask me if i wanna sell the 250. But then they just went past. Since then i got panic and i know these fuckers in my neighbourhood like to steal stuff. So my friend drove his 85 down to a friend to place it there. And i took my 250 home. And i live in a apartment 3rd floor. I lifted it upp the stairs with my friends and put the bike om the stand. Now i dont want it to smell gas in the house. Should i just take out the fuel from the carb? What are your tips to ceep thiefs out of the garage? I don't wanna spend my time wondering if my bike has got stolen. I dont wanna go to the garage every day atleast 2 times to make sure nothing is wrong...any tips guys?
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Mon May 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Honestly , if you drain the tank and bowl , there should not be any odor (drain it outside of course) , however , as your question originates about in the living room , i used to put my bikes in the living room of my house (yes i live alone) , and then ended up giving the bikes their own bedroom , as i did not have a garage at all , i (maybe i got used to it) did not drain the tanks/bowl and did not notice any odor , nor did anyone that came over to watch Supercross on TV , so either our nostrils are toast , or it did not give off any odor , i can't verify either outcome , but i did have a Gas Heater on a wall in the Living Room and it was a open flame , and nothing ever went "boom" , if that says anything

This is them in my old house , back around 2008 , and i could have started them right where they were , they both had gas in them , i even rebuilt motorcycle engines in the back bedroom

Living Room 450X:

Bedroom 450R:

CRF250R Engine Rebuild:

So , No , your not the only one who has thought about putting bikes inside , but since its a apartment , i would drain the gas , just to keep the landlord happy

As far as the Garage goes , if you don't have a clear view of it , i would ask the Landlord if you can install a motion or movement alarm (inside of it) , the kind that has the contacts that go on Windows or Doors , if the magnetic contact is separated , the alarm will sound *like if the door is forced open* , since its not "your" garage you are limited to what you can do to it , and sometimes they will make you leave what you install if you do move , so take that into consideration when purchasing any kind of alarm system or security devices
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:48 pm

Jim,
    "Living alone with dirt bikes."
    Sounds like a song title right there.

Makes me feel 20 again.

Sure it has its downsides and I bet they don't even clean there own room.

Breeze Honda,
    +1 on drain the fuel less you be accused of being a fire hazard. Mind you a lot of the two story units have the garage directly underneath the bedroom generally, so I don't see a lot of difference.

Have you done any ice riding or do you just wait for the summer?
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Tue May 24, 2016 6:53 am

LOL , yea i hear ya Ray ...

They did have their own room though , so the arrangement wasn't all that bad , they just refused to help with the bills and dishes , in fact they usually cost me more than having no roommates ;) , they have their own place now (12x20 shop) but they have to share it with my ATV so its a little cramped ....thing is , its been 8 years and i still have both of them ....... and ......i am still single ....go figure :? .... :lol:
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:10 am

Only 8 years, children take longer than that to leave home. At least your bike family don't talk back and their mess level doesn't change. Probably cost no more then children either.

Just got home to my new shed 30.5' x 25' with 9' wall. At least will have home for lathe, press etc. Might move the bikes over to there as well and give me some room in the big shed.
    Apparently I can't buy any more bikes and aren't allowed a tank till my wife has a 100 acre farm and a spa tub. Aghh, just a lotto win away. Finally cold enough to ride here so might get down the farm to ride with my son after doing his KTM forks. Might pick your brain when it comes to doing the forks. Hoping just a dirty seal, they only lasted 12 years.

Just twigged your bikes are living in a share house and you still pay the bills.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas