2006 450x won’t disengage
  • Fatboyone

2006 450x won’t disengage

by Fatboyone » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:00 am

I have a 2006 450x that has never had an issue until this last weekend. Took it on a ride and had no problems. Took a short break and when I went to start the motor, the electric start could not turn motor. Tried the Kickstarter and when trying to kick through the whole transmission would turn as if it was in gear. I can still shift into all gears and neutral. Pulled side case and clutch’s and basket worked when pulling clutch.
    Is there something else I can check?

Mike P
    JimDirt

Re: 2006 450x won’t disengage

by JimDirt » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

So your saying when you kick it over , it will turn the chain/wheel when on the stand , or is this when on the ground ???

Is the engine still not starting with the button even after you tried with the kick start ?? , and is it starting at all ??

It sounds like its possible the one way bearing on the starter is hanging maybe , it is located behind the clutch basket , its a bearing that uses centrifugal force to engage when the starter is engaged , the starter gear is directly connected to it , and may be stuck in the extended/starting position

Something to check out anyway , but that is the first thing that came to mind if you have ruled out no breakage or part failure within the clutch itself
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho