Converting from stock digital tacho to Trail Tech Vapor
  • KICKERMAN360

Converting from stock digital tacho to Trail Tech Vapor

by KICKERMAN360 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:50 am

So I think I've been a member for a while but had been without a CRF for a few years so forgive me for my absence. But, back in the 4 stroke game again and loving it!

Recently picked up an Aussie 08 450X and at first didn't mind the stock digital tacho initially (apparently made by Acewell?) however the fact it doesn't turn on unless the bike is running is a bit of a bummer. Secondly, apparently it isn't waterproof? In any case, I have a Trail Tech Vapor brand new that I never used on a previous bike and am keen to install it.

However, I like things to look super factory and reversible as I'd sell the bike with the OEM unit if possible. My question is does anyone know how they installed the original DIGITAL tacho? As far as I understand, the importer of the 450Xs would install it but the wiring looks quite well integrated such that I'd be undoing a lot of the wiring to trace it back. Is it possible to get the same plug for the Vapor and wire it up that way? The wiring at the back of the headlight is a mess too so I want to tidy it up. I also have a new headlight (KTM style) to give it a fresh face. No one will be able to tell the bike is 10 years old once I am done with it!