Squeeky front brake
  • Tunster

Squeeky front brake

by Tunster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:12 pm

My front brake is really annoying. How do i stop it squeeking when in use? Ive stripped i down and cant find anytning wrong. Any ideas? 2015 crf450 r.
    JimDirt

Re: Squeeky front brake

by JimDirt » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:41 pm

Could be several things contributing to the squeaking , it could be dust , it could be that the disk itself or the pad is glazed over (sanding of the disk surface or pad surface would stop the squeak) , sometimes the caliper is dirty and the piston will stick a little with enough pressure that the pads are rubbing on the rotor and getting it hot and making it squeak , or the rotor itself has been overheated (signified by a dark blue rotor that actually looks different dark colors) or possibly warped (is the squeak intermittent ?? , like squeak .......squeak .....etc as the wheel rotates , like its only doing it in one area of the rotor only ?? , if so the rotor can be warped) , there are several possibilities that alone or in combination with each other can cause the symptoms , you need to eliminate each as a source
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Sand down the pads with some 400 grit paper and clean the rotor with brake cleaner. - done.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
  • Tunster

by Tunster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:31 am

Thanks guys, im going to fit new pads and spray brake cleaner on the rotor. Thats the only 2 things i havent yet done. Otherwise it works perfectly.