Won't idle or run high RPM
  • Barthalomew

Won't idle or run high RPM

by Barthalomew » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Hello! i have a 2008 CRF 100F and the bike would not run unless at half choke. So i figured the engine was not getting enough gas and so i loosend the intake valve and checked the exhaust valve. I have already cleaned the carb jets and the carb and its self. It will run when i give it throttle but very rough and will not idle. It runs up to a certain RPM the it seems to choke out. i was trying to check the ignition coil but i do not know resitance it should be, does anyone know? i cannot find it online...
    -thanks
  • Back2-2

Re: Won't idle or run high RPM

by Back2-2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:43 am

Your description really sounds like you have a clogged pilot jet. I know you say you cleaned the carb & jets but that sure sounds of clogged pilot symptoms. The pilot has very small orifice and diffusion ports. If I recall the main orifice is .015. That requires a very fine jet cleaning tool to get crap out that has hardened.

Just my 2 cents before you go spending bucks on electrical parts is to re-investigate the carb.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200