Wheelies....
    DaJumper

by DaJumper » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:14 pm

yea.. as soon as i get my bike back from the shop i will do it again.. with a new camara crew..

Crf150-STOLEN
    crf100-STOLEN
    DR350-STOLEN
  • vtcrf450x

by vtcrf450x » Thu May 10, 2007 2:07 pm

crf450x wrote:well its not always about the power u just have to preload the shocks and pull up and twist the throttle @ the right time i have a 450x and i can wheelie any gear anytime i want and i can hold the wheelie for almost ever lol u just have to practice alot and if ya stand up u have more controll and besure to hit hte back brake if u think your are goin to far back

Same here and I agree with everything said. Sometimes I use the clutch to control the power, rather than using the rear brake though. Once I get the tire in the balance point I use the clutch to keep it there, and use the rear brake if I get beyond it. I NEVER dump the clutch to get the front end up. The 450 has enough power to do "roll on wheelies" in any gear. It is simply pulling back the bars at the right time, and being in the right RPMs.
    Plated 2006 CRF450X
    Flatlands Racing Skid Plate
    Akrapovic Evolution Slip On
    Hot Cams Stage 2 Camshaft
    Devol Radiator Guards
    Cycra Pro Bend Handguards
    Pro Taper Pastrana FMX Bars
    NCLR1

by NCLR1 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:58 am

Last Saturday I did a sit down wheelie about half the distance of the lake bed at El Mirage. We might go back this Sunday and I am going to try the entire thing. I wheelied a GSXR 750 once for about 11 miles on the 5 heading into Oceanside.

I know that when you wheelie for a long distance your bike does not circulate oil as well as being flat. Anyone ever heard of a dirt bike locking up do to this?
    Tony C
    DaJumper

by DaJumper » Sun May 20, 2007 6:34 pm

yes.. i actualy locked up a xr100 doing a circle wheelie. its not bad realy. unless you overheat it like i did. i dont think it happens to offten.

Crf150-STOLEN
    crf100-STOLEN
    DR350-STOLEN
    DaJumper

by DaJumper » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:55 pm

U know what. i Keep Popping the chain off my freinds TTR125. i dont know why. its brandnew chanin and sprockets. good Bearings. and I know its a yamaha, which is prolly the main problem. . but still. any ideahs? its from riding wheelies. bk it doesnt happen any other time.

aNd i might be selling a KTM 380 SX. or a ESX. its a Twostroke KTM . nice bike. ill keep u posted. ask me if u have any questions.

Crf150-STOLEN
    crf100-STOLEN
    DR350-STOLEN
    NCLR1

by NCLR1 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:46 am

Depending on how you bring your wheelie up, your swingarm flexes back and forth.. more than usual when you do wheelies. I have seen chains pop off from people doing wheelies before. I would tighten it up a bit. But, than again I have seen some chains brake during wheelies as well. I would quit doing wheelies on that bike.
    Tony C
  • hondariderfolife

by hondariderfolife » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:09 pm

Hahaha wheelies are the best thing to ever happen to the sport. i have a 2006 crf 450 r that i just got new in june, and this thing will do wheelies in any gear clutch or not. its a beast!! i like to do them whit my arms strait, sitting down, and hugging the gas tank. this way i can see over the handle bars and front fender.i eather shift from 2nd to 3rd and ripp a wheelie or just put it in 3rd and roll the throttle on and put it in 4th and just cruse for as long as i can. my friend who has been riddding since he could walk jumped on my bike right from a Gsxr 750 and put both feet over the handle bars in 3rd and rode a wheelie for 6 acers. i hope i get that good soon!! ps always wear your gear!!!
  • hondariderfolife

by hondariderfolife » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:18 pm

ohh yea almost forgot. if you have a bike w/ a lot of power you dont need to go all the way up to your ballance point. keep it a little low that way when you let off the throttle your front end will drop almost immeditly
    HondaRacer213

by HondaRacer213 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:42 pm

I personally think stand-up wheelies are easier. My technique is mid-2nd gear, then just hold the throttle wide open and I can bring the front up almost immediately. Then I just lean a little farther back and use the clutch to bring the front end down.
  • hondariderfolife

by hondariderfolife » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:41 pm

well stand up wheelies are easier. its just that though, there easy, not tooo much skill is needed. i learnd them that way
  • CRF916

by CRF916 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:53 pm

I think i woulda killed myself If I learned wheelies standing up. I think siting down is safer to learn then try standing. IMO
    0'6 CRF450XXX