Nothing fancy...but exciting for us!
  • nedirtbikr

Nothing fancy...but exciting for us!

by nedirtbikr » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:30 pm

A couple pictures of my son and I on our first Enduro this past Sunday. 40-mile loop. We made it about 35 miles (or so...at least, that's our best guess.) My son suffered a bent shifter and I suffered old age (I was pooped.) Anyway these are pictures from coming down the first big hill to check point 1. It was great fun and we look forward to doing it again. A couple weekends ago we did our first Harescramble and now our first Enduro. We are dead on our feet when we're done, but it has been a whole lot of fun. It was a club photographer that took the pics. Again, nothing fancy or exciting, just wanted to share.

First pic is my son. He just about lost it at the bottom of the hill and nearly ran the shudderbug over.

That's me. Just another OFG doing something he probably shouldn't be.
    2006 CRF450R (For Sale)
    A-47753 (Jumpin' dirt and clouds!)
    Proud member of the Hamster Nation!
    JAWS

by JAWS » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:46 pm

Totally cool there nedirbikr! I ride with my son-in-law and my grandson, but we don't compete.. unless you count throwing dust on ~ ! :)

Keep it fun and don't get too competitive.

Joe
    '05 CRF450X,McClain suspension, Cycra Probends, Pastrana FMX Pro Tapers,BRP Sub mount & Scotts stabilizer.See carb sticky for more
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:29 pm

Awesome pics Mark!!!!

Your boy has kind of an unconventional riding style!

That's cool that you race together.

PS Nice boots! :lol:
  • nedirtbikr

by nedirtbikr » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:50 pm

Thanks guys. Yeah...we're just out there for the fun. Of course we do our best (spelled "compete") but we know we are at the back of the pack. Still a lot of fun.

Agent - you think that picture shows an unconventional style...I've seen times when that boy looks like he has four arms and four legs (all of them flailing at the same time) and somehow he finds a way to recover. It's amazing how much you'd expect to have to order a stretcher for the kid, but he pulls off staying upright. If my body flew all the directions his does, I'd be in traction for a week....with a bent bike. :)
    2006 CRF450R (For Sale)
    Z

by Z » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:56 pm

Too Cool. 8)

It's just fantastic that you two get to spend that kind of time together. I would love to have kids to share the riding experience with.
    '06 CRF250X / '05 VTX1300C / '03 XR70 / '01 Yamaha T-TR125L / '77 Peugeot 103SP
    '07 Blood Hound - dumb! / '02 mutt - smart! / '12 Goldendoodle - smarter!!
  • nedirtbikr

by nedirtbikr » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:49 am

Z wrote:Too Cool. 8) It's just fantastic that you two get to spend that kind of time together. I would love to have kids to share the riding experience with.

Yep, he's been entertaining to watch. Kids (actually..."kid"...he's the only one) sure has made for good times. Probably, if we would have had two or three, wouldn't be able to afford that many bikes. So far, so good. He's ready for the 250X (of course, I haven't told him that.) Maybe we'll be able to upgrade him next year to help him a little more with the harescrambles and enduros. Right now he's on the 230 and doing pretty darn good, but could use better suspension and power delivery. Heck, he beat me through the first two checkpoints and I'm on a 450. I think he could really do well with the 250.
    2006 CRF450R (For Sale)
    Z

by Z » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:53 am

nedirtbikr wrote:
    Z wrote:Too Cool. 8) It's just fantastic that you two get to spend that kind of time together. I would love to have kids to share the riding experience with.

Yep, he's been entertaining to watch. Kids (actually..."kid"...he's the only one) sure has made for good times. Probably, if we would have had two or three, wouldn't be able to afford that many bikes. So far, so good. He's ready for the 250X (of course, I haven't told him that.) Maybe we'll be able to upgrade him next year to help him a little more with the harescrambles and enduros. Right now he's on the 230 and doing pretty darn good, but could use better suspension and power delivery. Heck, he beat me through the first two checkpoints and I'm on a 450. I think he could really do well with the 250.

The only problem with getting him the 250X would be that he would beat you through more than just the first two check points! :shock:

Look out!
    '06 CRF250X / '05 VTX1300C / '03 XR70 / '01 Yamaha T-TR125L / '77 Peugeot 103SP
    '07 Blood Hound - dumb! / '02 mutt - smart! / '12 Goldendoodle - smarter!!
    zak13

by zak13 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:46 pm

what bike does your son have
  • nedirtbikr

by nedirtbikr » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:19 am

zak13 wrote:what bike does your son have
    Whoa...sorry, Zak, for the late post. Sometimes, all the threads go to "read" on their own and I don't even know it.

Anyway, since that pic, my son has drifted away from the dirt. He's 15 and more into his band, the girls that come with it, and working (for the money...not the work.)

He was on an '04 CRF230 in that pick. We upgraded him to a KTM200MXC, but sold that one just a couple weeks ago. I think he'll come back, but we'll just have to see.

Again, sorry for the late reply. Never even saw the new post on this.
    2006 CRF450R (For Sale)
  • randman1

by randman1 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:34 am

Right on! It's great you get to do it with your son. 8)
    http://crfsonly.com/forum/garage.php?mo ... le&CID=512
    Remember it's not how well you ride, it's that you ride!!!
  • dobent4@yahoo.com

by dobent4@yahoo.com » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:50 am

That's good clean fun, the best kind.
    My riding friends and I have thought about checking out one of those Family Enduros the AMA is talking about, could be a blast. It's really just sort of a trail ride, but what the heck ?
    Your boy has kind of an unconventional riding style
    . I have personally utilized that very same body positioning as your son shows us in that picture. :lol:
    Doug