new crf owner
    nickster

new crf owner

by nickster » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Just picked up an 05 crf250x last week. The bike has low miles, looks clean and I got a great deal on it. Came with an extra set of plastics too. The only thing is the bike would not run without the choke because it was stored in a shed all winter long full of gas. Since I was in there cleaning the carb and had a bunch of stuff apart I figured I'd throw in some mods thanks to this site!
    -cut top of air box
    -backfire screen removed
    -No-toil flame resistant air filter
    -baffle drilled out
    -JD Jet kit, 42 pilot, 160 main, red needle 5th
    -R&D fuel screw

The last dirt bike I had was 15 years ago and it was an 86 RM80. Glad to be back in the game, this thing rips! Thanks for all the great info on this site. Here are some pics, and a few of my other Honda
    :twisted:

• Syxx

Re: new crf owner

by Syxx » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:50 pm

nickster wrote:Just picked up an 05 crf250x last week. The bike has low miles, looks clean and I got a great deal on it. Came with an extra set of plastics too. The only thing is the bike would not run without the choke because it was stored in a shed all winter long full of gas. Since I was in there cleaning the carb and had a bunch of stuff apart I figured I'd throw in some mods thanks to this site!
    -cut top of air box
    -backfire screen removed
    -No-toil flame resistant air filter
    -baffle drilled out
    -JD Jet kit, 42 pilot, 160 main, red needle 5th
    -R&D fuel screw

The last dirt bike I had was 15 years ago and it was an 86 RM80. Glad to be back in the game, this thing rips! Thanks for all the great info on this site. Here are some pics, and a few of my other Honda
    :twisted:

You americans make far to much money lol, everyone seems to "just go out" and buy a new or near new bike (sorry rant finished) Nice looking bike! and i especially love the subaru in the garage, im a big fan, keep up the modding, i get my very first 450r next thursday so im pumped, will be able to post up a pic or two for everyone to see.
  • norfox

by norfox » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Yeah I'm an American and I haven't figured it out. We do make too much money, some more then others.